. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    That is basically what it tells you to do in the manual for my UC300ETH.
    The AXBB-E is based on the 300 controller.
    Reading the instructions fo the 300 may have helped.
    Although, it's likely the power supply config change made a difference. Is your 5v supply strong enough for all your devices?.

Page 18 of the AXBB-E manual indicates:

We recommend to use a power supply with at least 500mAmps of current capability of the
    power supply. More current may be required if more I/Os are used on the unisolated port
    and on the IDC26 port.

I selected a power supply that is rated for 1 Amp so I should be good. I don't use any IDC26 extension ports.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCimino View Post
    1. I was sharing the 5V DC Power Supply with several devices. I installed a dedicated power supply that feeds just the AXBB-E board. I believe the AXBB-E is sensitive to any fluctuation in voltage.
    Not that I know about.? Never had any issues with the 5v side other than it doesn't like 24Vdc...

2. I updated the configuration as follows (please note that on my system I have the AXXBB-E board connected via a cross-over cable directly to my notebook's ethernet card): My ethernet port IP address was changed from a dynamically set IP to a static IP. [/QUOTE]

Don't understand why you had this issue because every AXBB-E controller we fit talks directly to the PC using a cross-over cable and is set up using a static IP10,10,10,10 mask 255,255,255,0 and we fit lots of them all with this exact setup, never had to use the utility.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCimino View Post
    Page 18 of the AXBB-E manual indicates:

We recommend to use a power supply with at least 500mAmps of current capability of the
    power supply. More current may be required if more I/Os are used on the unisolated port
    and on the IDC26 port.

I selected a power supply that is rated for 1 Amp so I should be good. I don't use any IDC26 extension ports.
    Fair enough.
    I went for a 3A for my 300 type because I have 2 Ucbb's powered off IDC26, an 8 channel relay board, 8 channel opto module (5v in-24 out) for servo drive switches, and then there's the stepper driver PD & En connections.
    It all adds up.

So you just have the AXBB-E alone on the 5v now then?.
    Now you've got it going.... Enjoy ��

Lives in Plymouth, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 6 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,726. Received thanks 295 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    Must admit that I was confused about the device and PC addresses at first when I fitted my UC300ETH. I set the addresses the wrong way round as well. And that's after a working life in IT and a lot in IP networking! I think that the manual is a little bit ambiguous and as long as you read it the right way - or have done it once and see what they mean! - it's OK. Anyway, good that it's working, and don't feel bad about getting it wrong. Now, where's the red face icon when you need it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information