. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi Phil,

I Might be a bit late to the party but I thought you might appreciate some advice - I do this sort of thing on a daily basis.

The ideal option is buy 2 x toe jacks and a set of skates. You jack the machine up from each side and do the 2 rear skates, connected with a rear bar, then lower the jack, then jack the front up and insert the steerer (if you have a pallet truck you could probably do one side at a time):

Something like this:
    https://www.safetyliftingear.com/pro...0aAoReEALw_wcB

Once its on skates they're surprisingly easy to move. If the ground is very bad you would want some running plates (thin sheet metal that the skates can travel over) which can be moved to make a track. Once you've got it on these running plates you're away.

If you don't want to invest in jacks and skates I believe these are available for hire from HSS Hire.

Another option is 2 x pallet trucks, one on each side, jack them up evenly, and youll be able to move it reasonably easy.

To get it out the workshop build a platform with your 8x4 boards, and then lay a sheet of ply (or similar) over the top to give you a full and level platform. To bridge the gap between workshop and platform use your steel running plates. Taking your time to make this platform level and flush is well worth it as it makes relocation to the outside very easy. Get 2 friends over to do the actual shunt, each one watching a skate to ensure it doesnt slip over.

If you're based in the South East I'm sure we could give you a price if you need one:

Kind Regards,

Danny
    https://www.ddkmachinemovers.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by dannyrussell View Post
    Hi Phil,

I Might be a bit late to the party but I thought you might appreciate some advice - I do this sort of thing on a daily basis.

The ideal option is buy 2 x toe jacks and a set of skates. You jack the machine up from each side and do the 2 rear skates, connected with a rear bar, then lower the jack, then jack the front up and insert the steerer (if you have a pallet truck you could probably do one side at a time):

Something like this:
    https://www.safetyliftingear.com/pro...0aAoReEALw_wcB

Once its on skates they're surprisingly easy to move. If the ground is very bad you would want some running plates (thin sheet metal that the skates can travel over) which can be moved to make a track. Once you've got it on these running plates you're away.

If you don't want to invest in jacks and skates I believe these are available for hire from HSS Hire.

Another option is 2 x pallet trucks, one on each side, jack them up evenly, and youll be able to move it reasonably easy.

To get it out the workshop build a platform with your 8x4 boards, and then lay a sheet of ply (or similar) over the top to give you a full and level platform. To bridge the gap between workshop and platform use your steel running plates. Taking your time to make this platform level and flush is well worth it as it makes relocation to the outside very easy. Get 2 friends over to do the actual shunt, each one watching a skate to ensure it doesnt slip over.

If you're based in the South East I'm sure we could give you a price if you need one:

Kind Regards,

Danny
    https://www.ddkmachinemovers.co.uk/

Hi Danny, thanks for your input, I did pretty much what you suggested. I purchased a couple of moving skates for the rear of the CNC and one with 3 wheels for the front, so it could pivot round and they worked great. I was able to move them around from the workshop to the office or studio, (adjoining rooms), whilst preparing the floors with tanking slurry, in readiness for flowscreed. Should have it out and then back in within the next few days, so all going well.

I've noted down your message for moving out of the garage too, cheers.

All the best.
    Phill

Hi Guys,

Dont know if this nis how a forum works :S - first time for everything..

We have a Spartan 1325 CNC - supplied by radecal.. the computers beyond repair and i need to make sure i have the correct..

'Machine Configuration Management' and 'Associated Post Processors' - from V CARVE PRO SIDE

Also

'Manufacturer Parameters' - From CNC ROUTER Controlling System

Ive managed to get the software on my new PC and got the cnc being controlled from the PC - but when i send a file to cut the size of the cutting file is way wrong and not located properly on the workplace origin..

Any help would be greatly appreciated - hoping someone might have one and be so kind as to email some files to load up :S - they will be looked after..

Andy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information