. .
    Hi

After wasting a couple of days trying to learn post processor editing and getting nowhere - I'm hoping someone maybe able to support me

Does anyone have a Denford Novamill Fusion 360 post processor?

Fusion 360 offer a generic Denford post processor which is probably close enough but it has un-supported G codes which I would need to remove.

Couple of questions on post processors:
    I'm a little confused - The Novamill does not support arcs, if I delete this function from the post processor, and the function is required to generate a toolpath, how does the generator know to select a different option?
    What happens if I delete a G code that is mandatory to the generation of a toolpath?
    I'm using Denford VR Milling V5 software to control machine, it will still run code which includes unsupported G codes (G18 and G43 for instance), I'm assuming it will throw up an error when it comes up against a compulsory code?

Thanks
    Chris

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I never used F360 with my Novamill, but VR Milling 5 does support arcs.

Have you tried a generic Fanuc post processor?
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Interesting, during my dive down the rabbit hole trying to understand things and collect info, I read somewhere that arcs are not supported, but yes I can now see that they are thanks.
    I can see Fusion has several Fanuc post processors: Fanuc compact, with G91, inspection, or turning. I'll look into these.
    It's likely the generic Denford post processor will do the job fine but I don't have the experience to decide.
    What software do you use?

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I sold my Novamill years ago, but at the time I was using CamBam for generating code.

All you can do if you're not sure, is run the code and cut air. Any issues should show up pretty quickly.

VR milling has a VR machine but I can't seem to find a fast forward option so you have to run it real-time. I noticed the tool do some weird things like randomly plunge to the bottom of the stock at the beginning then work up from there before retracting and beginning from the top. Highly likely my fault for setting something wrong but it's these findings that made me realise I need to understand things a bit better to gain confidence.
    Thanks for the help

That sounds like a tool offset issue.

How does the movement look in F360?

Thread Information