. .
    Hi All,
    Sadly my Gecko540 gave up on me, although I changed the fuse it sounds like there is a short somewhere which I cant find, I had bought some time ago a package of a breakout board and driver board. The breakout board connects to the computer with the same parallel cable as the gecko did. I have power to both boards red lights and if I use the key board I have green lights on the driver board each motor and the DRO's move, BUT I have no power or movment of the steppers.
    What have I missed?? I have run the driver test in Mach3, I have run the diver test and have an very good on this setting.
    Mike

32 bit operating system on pc?

Probably got the wrong ports n pins set up in mach3? They may be different from the G540.

Do you have the enable connected on the drives, if so disconnect it?

Like Dazp says 64bit Windows won't work with the mach3 parallel port driver.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Probably got the wrong ports n pins set up in mach3? They may be different from the G540.

Do you have the enable connected on the drives, if so disconnect it?

Like Dazp says 64bit Windows won't work with the mach3 parallel port driver.
    Hi I have checked and changed ports and pins, that is why I thing I get green lights on driver board when using arrows on key board.
    Where do I find how to disconnect drivers??
    I am using 32 bit computer and windows XP.

Mike

The drive will have connections that say ENA or something along those lines, simply leave these disconnected.

If you have Mach3 DRO's are going around then you are getting pulses leaving the parallel port and if you are sure you have the right ports n pins set so those pulses get to the right places then you should get movement. Only something like the Enable stops them from working so leaving this disconnected usually enables the drives unless someone as changed the active state on the drives but without knowing more about the drives and the settings it's set too then can't help any further.

Obviously, you could have wiring issues or cable issues but again without seeing or being at the machine it's difficult to help.

It's worth re-installing mach3 and the parallel port driver just in case Mach3 as got corrupted which it does from time to time.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

What breakout board do you have?.
    So we can double check your wiring.

Thread Information