. .

Thread: Help Mach3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Hi Thank you for your help I now have all Axis working! well I have power to them. Only one will run continuously, the others judder. I have attached a pic how do I set up the red box I only have 123?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220303_140347.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	129.2 KB 
ID:	30924
    Thanks again

Mike

Why'd you get the P, O, S, TB6600?.
    https://m.aliexpress.com/wholesale/T...tml?osf=direct
    Hope you didn't pay too much.

Should've saved yourself aggro and just gone with 542 or 556.
    You get what you pay for.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by dazp1976 View Post
    Why'd you get the P, O, S, TB6600?.
    https://m.aliexpress.com/wholesale/T...tml?osf=direct
    Hope you didn't pay too much.

Should've saved yourself aggro and just gone with 542 or 556.
    You get what you pay for.
    As I've said numerous times before, TB6600 are OK drivers, yet you seem to want to say they're rubbish at every opportunity.
    They are by no means a high performance driver, but they're a reasonable basic stepper driver.

It was the older TB6560 which was well known for failing, but that was mostly down to people trying to run them on too high a voltage. If you actually ran them within their operating voltage range, they were an OK driver.

Not every application needs maximum voltage or performance.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Hi Thanks again for your help. I now have power to stepper motors but they will not run, they sound stalled or trying to run to fast so do not rotate
    Do you have any idea ??

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mikes Planes View Post
    Hi Thanks again for your help. I now have power to stepper motors but they will not run, they sound stalled or trying to run to fast so do not rotate
    Do you have any idea ??
    Mike
    Double check you have A+A-B+B- motor connections in the correct order on the driver. If incorrect you can get this happen due to dir conflict.

Which model numbers are the motors specifically.?.
    What is actual machine?.

Hi Thanks for that, My steppers are 60BYG301B

Mike

Mike
    Hi It is a home built and was working great until my Geko 540 gave up. Do I use all six wires fro the motor and Bipolar series??

Mike

Mike
    Ah!!!!.
    I see 8 wires.
    Best balance for both speed/torque is parallel. Also lowers your inductance. Twist pairs together and connect as folliws:

A+ RED & BLU
    A- YEL & BLK
    B+. WHT & BRN
    B- ORG & GRN

Then 10-45v power supply in the other 2 terminals (marked 32v & GND I think).
    Try that.

I see your motors are 3.2mh inductance in parallel (it's lowest level avail). Not great for trying to get fast rapids on only 36v or less. Fine for general cutting speeds.
    Last edited by dazp1976; 04-03-2022 at 04:14 PM.

Do you have any idea ??

Mike
    Most likely happening because your motor tuning in mach3 is set for the Gecko drives and these cheaper TB-based drives cannot handle the same tuning setup. Try backing off the velocity and Acceleration by 50% and try again. When you have it working stable then slowly increase them one at a time until they start to stall again then back off again by 10%.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information