. .

Thread: Help Mach3

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Hi
    The lead is the one I have always used. Where do I find out what pins to use is there a list???

Mike

Hi Thank so much as always great help.
    I have done all in last post and all is well but not sure on the lead so I have sent for a new one.
    I would like to put my suds on a relay but I don't see where to connect it other the P16/P17. I have attached a copy of a relay board I have but don't see were VCClead go's on my BOB?? or if I use the one on the BOB were the power to the pump comes from??

Mike

Sorry here is the attachment2022-07-27_125547.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Mikes Planes View Post
    Hi Thank so much as always great help.
    I have done all in last post and all is well but not sure on the lead so I have sent for a new one.
    I would like to put my suds on a relay but I don't see where to connect it other the P16/P17. I have attached a copy of a relay board I have but don't see were VCClead go's on my BOB?? or if I use the one on the BOB were the power to the pump comes from??

Mike
    Your 5v VCC output on those 5axis type bobs is marked PC5V. your 5v GND is marked PCGND.
    If using the on-board spindle relay, you cannot use P17 as an output. There is a jumper on the bob to switch P17 to either on-board relay use or Pin use.

I had:
    P1= 0-10v Analog.
    P2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9= 4 axis.
    P10= estop:
    P11,12,13,15= limit/probe.
    P14= axis enable.
    P16= suds coolant.
    P17= spindle on/off.

That filled it.
    Then needed more I/O so I upgraded to a UC300eth.
    Last edited by dazp1976; 27-07-2022 at 12:40 PM.

So am I right if I connect Bule on attached to P16 and P17 then red to pc5v?? were does the 220v come fromto drive the pump? I take it that the two brown wires are the on off switch but do they come fromthe pump or via a 220v feed?

Mike

So am I right if I connect Bule on attached to P16 and P17 then red to pc5v?? were does the 220v come fromto drive the pump? I take it that the two brown wires are the on off switch but do they come fromthe pump or via a 220v feed?

Mike
    One of the wires goes in and out of COM/NC on the side that gets switched.
    Example:
    220v+ve goes from feed+ to the pump 220v+ve.
    220v-ve goes from feed- into COM, then NC out to pump 220-ve.

So the relay will turn it on/off on the low (-ve) side this way.
    Last edited by dazp1976; 27-07-2022 at 05:23 PM.

Hi
    I now have a new lead and as before the Y axis only moves in one direction? If I chane position on bob then it is OK.
    I have spent alot of money on this rebuild and time but dont seem to be getting any were with it. the limit switches only work intermitantly??

Mike

Hi
    I now have a new lead and as before the Y axis only moves in one direction? If I chane position on bob then it is OK.
    I have spent alot of money on this rebuild and time but dont seem to be getting any were with it. the limit switches only work intermitantly??

Mike
    Could be the parallel port on the pc has gone then.
    I would get a voltmeter onto the bob.
    Put the +ve end on pc5v, put the -ve end on the dir pin.
    Then toggle active low/high you should see it alternate between 5v (ish) and 0v (I/O for cw or ccw, that's how it works).
    If you see no change, then the signal on that pin isn't working. So is either bob or port.

Ideally. The best way to test a pport is: you want to get a screw terminal board for your Parallel cable so you can test pport signal directly. Plug one end of cable into port/ other end into screw terminal board header.
    (If your hands are steady you may be able to just do this by touching the pins on the pport itself but: don't slip!.)
    Put the +ve probe end onto the output pin you want to test, put -ve end onto any GND pin 18-25.
    Set a flood coolant relay to that output number. Now when you turn coolant on/off you should see voltage changes on the pin you set. If port isn't working you will see no change.

Then you should know where your at with it and go from there.
    Last edited by dazp1976; 03-08-2022 at 11:20 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information