. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hello,

I am sure this topic has been discussed many times over but I couldn't really find what I was searching for.

I have just more or less finished a long term home built / designed CNC build and now need to purchase a spindle motor.
    After lots of reading and research, I have decided that a 2.2 KW water cooled spindle motor and matching VFD unit would suit my needs.

I am looking at something along the lines of what CNC4YOU sells in the UK.

https://www.cnc4you.co.uk/Spindle/Wa...VFD-plus-Mount

It would seem that all though similar units are available on eBay and Amazon and other such places for a lot lower cost it may be that what you actually get for your money can be a lot less in regards to build quality and also the actual components used, and of course their are many reports or fake devices out there which work but and far less superior in many respects, such as bearing quality, runout, VFD quality and control etc.

CNC4YOU say that the motor and VFD come direct from the actual manufacturer and and are fully tested, matched and setup ready to go and have been very well specified by them.

Really my question is what other options are available in the UK to purchase a good quality and reliable 2.2 KW spindle without having problems or buying something that may end up being false economy later on when they fail or become unreliable.

Any views or thoughts on this or suggestions about other makes or suppliers, which would be a good alternative to a lot of the mainstream far eastern spindles that seem to be everywhere. Or is it a case of that certain brands and suppliers of these are actually very good??

I am happy to purchase from CNC4YOU but just need to consider all options first to make sure I am making the right decision.

Thanks for your time .

Paul

Paul,
    That looks a lot like a Huan Yang product, which might explain the HY part number! I bought mine on AliExpress from the Huan Yang Drive shop nearly 3 years ago and have had no problems. Bought as a pair the drive was pre-configured for the spindle. Obvioulsy there may be delivery delay differences and a very different level of after-sales support than you will get from a local supplier, but it might be interesting to compare their prices. Note that the mounting was not included in the price shown.

This link is taken from my order record on AliExpress.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/9050...78de4c4dP6Q16L

Kit
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Another option from Dean a member of this forum:-

https://www.jazzcnc.co.uk/product-pa...ed-spindle-set
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

What sort of work are you going to be doing with your machine? Wood? Metal? - that governed my choice, there are various varieties out there: 2 pole/4 pole, constant torque & constant power, differing max rpm etc.

Lives in Derbyshire  UK, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 28 Minutes Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 295. Received thanks 28 times, giving thanks to others 13 times.
    I have had the same 2.2kw matched VFD from CNC4YOU and find it works well no problems it all worked as they say out of the box.

Dean never got back to me for the order.

Quote Originally Posted by Voicecoil View Post
    What sort of work are you going to be doing with your machine? Wood? Metal? - that governed my choice, there are various varieties out there: 2 pole/4 pole, constant torque & constant power, differing max rpm etc.
    Thanks for your replies.

Initially, I mainly intend to be milling wood, but I have plans to do some Aluminium work and also maybe slate or marble (if possible)
    Although, for wood I do not need the such spindle but I also want to use 1/2" cutters so need ER20 collets or larger.
    Plus longer term, may also add some sort of flood / spray cooling when cutting larger metal jobs in Alu. but may also go further if my machine can handle it! or even upgrade some bits later.

I have the bed / stage XYZ all working and homing correctly now and only now need a spindle.

Thanks

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by phill05 View Post
    I have had the same 2.2kw matched VFD from CNC4YOU and find it works well no problems it all worked as they say out of the box.

Ah, that sounds good, I have been longing for reviews or someone who actually bought these from CNC4YOU, but reviews / opinions etc about them seem hard to find, good or bad.

I don't have a problem with CNC4YOU and when I have spoken to them about this they seem to be very knowledgeable and very helpful, I just want to make sure its the right choice for my hard earned cash at £500 for the spindle / VFD and mount. I would have like a branded spindle / VFD (better know brand), and also like the offerings from Mechatron but of course these would cost a lot more than £500. looking on Amazon / eBay and the like the "same" setup can be purchased for far less but what are you really getting?

I have spent a small fortune on the rest of the build over a few years, spending the far too much on drivers, motors, ball screws, controller and the like so really want to make sure that I can get the best spindle for the money.I do of course understand that at that price these are not high end brand units but hopefully will be all I need.

Thanks for your replies.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by phill05 View Post
    When and where did you contact me because I've just checked back thru my emails both personal and business and have not had any from you. Did you use PM or email thru the forum system if so then I don't always receive them and have had several people try to contact me this way and failed? The best way is to use the email in my signature or go thru the website directly.

I always try to reply to emails, not always straight away, but I do reply so if I don't then there's usually a reason like I've not received it or it's got caught in the spam filter which on occasion odd email can slip thru and be deleted.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 14-02-2022 at 09:48 PM.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    CNC4YOU say that the motor and VFD come direct from the actual manufacturer and and are fully tested, matched and setup ready to go and have been very well specified by them.
    Ermmm not so sure about that.? That spindle doesn't look like a Huanyang spindle to me as it doesn't have the laser-etched Logo etc which Huanyang spindles have.

If you look at the pictures on our site which Clive S linked to you will see the markings I'm talking about. Our spindle and VFD are made and bought directly from Huanyang which is clear to see. I have fit literally 100's of these on machines we build so they are very well-proven.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Lives in Derbyshire  UK, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 28 Minutes Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 295. Received thanks 28 times, giving thanks to others 13 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    When and where did you contact me because I've just checked back thru my emails both personal and business and have not had any from you. Did you use PM or email thru the forum system if so then I don't always receive them and have had several people try to contact me this way and failed? The best way is to use the email in my signature or go thru the website directly.

I always try to reply to emails, not always straight away, but I do reply so if I don't then there's usually a reason like I've not received it or it's got caught in the spam filter which on occasion odd email can slip thru and be deleted.
    Email from you July 2021
    Phill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information