. .
    Hello, has any one got a sorotec compact line? what are your thoughts on the machine I would like to machine 100 x 100 x10 mm aluminium plate nothing fancy basically putting a 5 x 5 mm step around it. Thanks

Hi, Epson.

If you want to get in touch we can build you a machine that will more than match the Sorotec machines that will come fully built and working with all electronics, control software and spindle etc needed to use the machine straight away and will be cheaper when you factor in the Sorotec's don't come with any electronics, etc.

So even if you buy the fully assembled version you still have to buy all the control electronics and motors/drives along with cable chain, electrical cabinet, and all the other little hidden extras like power supplies, relays, Din rail, wire, etc all of which considerably add to the total cost.

Oh and then you also need to add a spindle, VFD, and mount into the equation, Oh, and a License for the control Software.!

Plus we are just up the M62 in Goole and very welcome to come to visit.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

I've got a compact line and it's made from good parts. As Austria is still in the EU I did'nt have to pay much getting it sent grom Germany next door. it was pricey but sending to England would probably be crippling with all the customs charges etc.. As Jazz says you've got to pay extra for the control box. One of the reasons I bought it was that I wanted to put the machine together myself to see how it worked. There are plenty of Youtube videos of it working. If I lived in the UK I would have gone for Jazz machine complete with local support + the possibility of a free hobnob.
    Cheers
    Andrew

4. The Following User Says Thank You to the great waldo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by the great waldo View Post
    One of the reasons I bought it was that I wanted to put the machine together myself to see how it worked.

This is also a possibility if looking for a project or just an assembled machine without the electronics etc.? We can do either if people are looking for challenge.

6. If you just want 1 plate machined then probably plenty of people would do that for you for a lot less than the price of a complete machine! Even if you want quite a few then you'd probably still be in pocket subbing the job out. Is other milling needed, e.g. top and bottom facing?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnHaine For This Useful Post:

Hello Jazz, thank you for the offer i'm still in the planning stage at the moment, I have most of the components so its just the frame which I will either buy or make, linear rails are one thing that I'm missing do you stock these?
    First of all I need to make space in the garage as a large mechmate lives in there at the moment which needs to be sold. Thanks Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by epson View Post
    Hello Jazz, thank you for the offer i'm still in the planning stage at the moment, I have most of the components so its just the frame which I will either buy or make, linear rails are one thing that I'm missing do you stock these?
    First of all I need to make space in the garage as a large mechmate lives in there at the moment which needs to be sold. Thanks Andrew
    Ok, so your not really looking to buy the Sorotec kit which comes with all the mechanical components, basically, you just want to see how it's built so you can copy it.?

No, sorry we don't stock linear rails or ball-screws, well technically we do but these are for the machines we sell and are machined to suit.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Ok, so your not really looking to buy the Sorotec kit which comes with all the mechanical components, basically, you just want to see how it's built so you can copy it.?

No, sorry we don't stock linear rails or ball-screws, well technically we do but these are for the machines we sell and are machined to suit.
    No not at all, I am looking at the sorotec compact line or alu-line if I am to purchase a kit. But if I go down the self build road I will probably build the Robocnc machine as i have access to extrusion at work. I don't think throwing accusations around is fair just because I don't want to purchase your machine.

I don't think throwing accusations around is fair just because I don't want to purchase your machine.
    You misunderstand me I wasn't accusing you of anything, it's actually very common for people to copy other people's designs or parts of, as many have done my designs. The comment was based on the fact you were looking for Sorotec build manuals and saying you already had all the components and just need linear rails. Which I do think is a fair assumption.

Regards you not purchasing one of my machines then the honest truth is I don't care, I never push to sell and I'm more than happy to help people self-build which I have done 1000's times before with people from all around the world.

Anyway, whichever way you go good luck.

No not at all, I am looking at the sorotec compact line or alu-line if I am to purchase a kit. But if I go down the self build road I will probably build the Robocnc machine as i have access to extrusion at work. I don't think throwing accusations around is fair just because I don't want to purchase your machine.
    Jazz certainly wasn't accusing you of anything, he's just trying to establish what your intentions are, so he can best help.

Over the many years I've been on this forum, Jazz has protected many folk from themselves and their preconceived ideas.

Look forward to your DIY build thread if that's what you decide to do!

Thread Information