. .
    I have a Denford Triac Miller with a 6 station tool carousel. The Pneumatics cabinet has been messed with and I need to get it sorted, either repair the original setup or replace with a new setup.

Before I start I need a quick explanation of how the Pneumatics works this type of equipment. Looking at the picture attached there is a valve/air input on Item A and another on item B. These obviously work to make the bar C go up and down.

How exactly? e.g. is A energised with air to make the bar go down (with B being released) ???? and reversed to drive the bar up?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanksClick image for larger version. 

Name:	miller_001.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	30953
    Every time I am wrong - the World makes a little less sense.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 1 Day Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    That's pretty much how it works.
    What you need are 5/2 valves, with a single solenoid and spring setup.

Originally Triac's had a bank of 3 (or more depending on spec) modular valves in the cabinet (location depended on machine spec - PC were in a separate box on the rear of the machine, Full integrated machines would of had them in the main electrical cabinet), with two 5/2 valves for controlling the toolchanger in/out and up/down, and a 3/2 valve for actuating the drawbar.

The valves on the rams themselves are flow control valves to control the speed of the ram as it moves, so they don't just slam into full travel.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    That's pretty much how it works.
    What you need are 5/2 valves, with a single solenoid and spring setup.

Originally Triac's had a bank of 3 (or more depending on spec) modular valves in the cabinet (location depended on machine spec - PC were in a separate box on the rear of the machine, Full integrated machines would of had them in the main electrical cabinet), with two 5/2 valves for controlling the toolchanger in/out and up/down, and a 3/2 valve for actuating the drawbar.

The valves on the rams themselves are flow control valves to control the speed of the ram as it moves, so they don't just slam into full travel.
    Thank you - I'll have a look at the 5/2 and 3/2 valves and try and get new ones as I'd rather replace with new.

This is a PC version with the box at the back

thanks again
    Every time I am wrong - the World makes a little less sense.

Thread Information