. .
    Hi,
    I have recently bought a 3D probe. Originally, I planned to make one, but due to lack of time I decided not to. I realized that regardless how I do it, my own won't be better than any one I can buy, probably would be worse or would take a very long time to make a good one. Since my spindle takes ER11 collets, one requirement I had was that the shaft MUST be 6mm, or less. There are not many 3D probes which are that small, but after searching I found some and ended up with one made in Czech Republic, the seller on eBay is the same as the maker and has 100% rating as well as several different designs and seemed very reliable. The 3D probe seemed to be good enough, even though it is mostly plastic with some 3D printed details. So I bought this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203033677026

It was delivered after a few days, and so far I have nothing to complain about. All I had to do was to add a 3.5mm audio plug at the end of the wire, which I use for connecting it to my UCCNC driven CNC and that was it. Well... not really. I also had to adjust it for better concentric accuracy, but that's not surprising. I did not expect anything else, I mean, for that price you can't really expect everything to be "plug and play". Anyway, after my quick tuning, it is now accurate to 0.03 mm, so for now, that's enough.

Today I made a short video showing "what's in the box" so to speak and what I think about it. I plan to make a few more videos as a sort of "user manual addition" to my UCCNC probe macros, but this is the first introduction.

I hope you'll enjoy watching.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A_Camera For This Useful Post:

Thread Information