. .

Thread: Roland MDX-30

Hi all.

I've had this machine for a week now and just can't get the drivers installed. I downloaded the Windows 7/8/10 x64 drivers and they install fine with the executable and all looks good. I'm using the MDX-40 driver as it's the same engine as the 30. As soon as I plug in the MDX-30 the OS picks it up as an unknown device Roland TS-30. Everything I've read says to update the driver and point it to the MDX-40.inf file to install the correct driver. The problem is that Windows then says that the driver is not a valid x64 driver.

I've even turned off driver signing and tried so many ways to install it that I'm tearing what little hair I have left out. Please help guys.

Thank you.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

I've finally sorted the problem with the drivers. It seems that the driver is incompatible with the UEFI file system that has been in use since Windows 7. I didn't know what UEFI was until yesterday but now I do. I had to delete the system partition on my PC then convert it back to the old style MBR (Master Boot Record) system. Then so the system could see it I set the BIOS to boot into Legacy Mode. Then it's plain sailing to install Windows 7, I used Windows Ultimate x64. Once it was installed I connected the MDX-30 via USB and turned it on. Windows saw it and installed it as TS-30 unknown device. Then I extracted the .zip driver file from Rolanddga website into a folder and in Devices and Printers updated the driver to the MDX-40 one. Windows grumbles about it but click Use this driver anyway and all went well.

That's about where I am at now but I have installed Dr Engrave from Rolanddga and sent it to the machine. I didn't set the tool depth but the tool spun and the machine carved out a test pattern in the air above the work piece.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Portland Jon For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Portland Jon View Post
    I've finally sorted the problem with the drivers. It seems that the driver is incompatible with the UEFI file system that has been in use since Windows 7. I didn't know what UEFI was until yesterday but now I do. I had to delete the system partition on my PC then convert it back to the old style MBR (Master Boot Record) system. Then so the system could see it I set the BIOS to boot into Legacy Mode. Then it's plain sailing to install Windows 7, I used Windows Ultimate x64. Once it was installed I connected the MDX-30 via USB and turned it on. Windows saw it and installed it as TS-30 unknown device. Then I extracted the .zip driver file from Rolanddga website into a folder and in Devices and Printers updated the driver to the MDX-40 one. Windows grumbles about it but click Use this driver anyway and all went well.

That's about where I am at now but I have installed Dr Engrave from Rolanddga and sent it to the machine. I didn't set the tool depth but the tool spun and the machine carved out a test pattern in the air above the work piece.

Thanks a lot for posting this, you have sparked my interest for getting my MDX-40A running again! I'm struggling to locate the VPanel Installer for my machine (there is only an update package 1.1V flying around on the internet.:(

Thread Information