. .
    Saw that yesterday in a Facebook group. Wish it was there 8 years ago. But still, a very good option. Price is good also and its in Europe, not USA or China as usually.
    And to those that will say its not strong enough, bolt steel plates if you want something more rigid.

I almost want to build something new with it

https://www.vallder.com/bg/c-bg/alu-...PaWJFfcJl67n-g

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gantry profile.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	31022
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Boyan Silyavski For This Useful Post:

Cheers Boyan, that looks neat.

Along the same lines as the C Beam profile you can buy from various places, have to have a closer look at that profile when I get time lol

Quote Originally Posted by martin54 View Post
    Along the same lines as the C Beam profile you can buy from various places, have to have a closer look at that profile when I get time lol
    the C beam is something else, for cheaper builds, does not accommodate properly square linear rails or ball screw, its more for ultra low cost builds or better suited for printers.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Regarding bolting steel plate to aluminum profile, I thought the difference of thermal coeffecient would make it a trouble, probably not

Quote Originally Posted by nhan863240 View Post
    Regarding bolting steel plate to aluminum profile, I thought the difference of thermal coeffecient would make it a trouble, probably not
    Thermal linear expansion coefficient of Steel, ballpark 11.5 x 10-6m/(mēC). Aluminium is 22.0 x 10-6m/(mēC). The difference is therefore 0.01mm per degree, per meter of material. Lets say expected temperature variation of 30ēC maximum, on a 1 meter long gantry. Worst case, 0.3mm. Assuming M6 with a close fit clearance hole, still got another 10 degrees C before you start to stress things.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AndyUK For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AndyUK View Post
    Thermal linear expansion coefficient of Steel, ballpark 11.5 x 10-6m/(mēC). Aluminium is 22.0 x 10-6m/(mēC). The difference is therefore 0.01mm per degree, per meter of material. Lets say expected temperature variation of 30ēC maximum, on a 1 meter long gantry. Worst case, 0.3mm. Assuming M6 with a close fit clearance hole, still got another 10 degrees C before you start to stress things.
    Thank you! that was an "oh right!" moment for me!

Thread Information