Heya folks

I've just got back into the CNC thing after 25 years away! (I used to play about with a small CNC lathe at school and really enjoyed it).

Now I work as a carpenter for a small high quality cabinet making business. I have been there 12 months now and my boss has been having a lot of trouble with production costs through mistakes.

The guy the guy I used to work for (a metal fabricator) has just built himself a very nice CNC plasma machine (it is superb! he gets 0.25mm accuracy over 2.4m table!).

So, being a bright spark, I suggested to my boss he buy (or we build) a CNC router which could save him time money and materials.

The next thing I know he's only gone and bought an 8 turret head Thermwood C40 router!

Now I have to make good my promise and make it work for him!

In order that I can have a bit of practice at home with the CAD-CAM side I bought a Proxxon MF70 CNC conversion by MAX CNC with an SMC 800 controller card. I just couldn't get this to work properly (thanks tho Hood) so I scrapped this card and bought a cheap 5 axix 6560 chinese bob,driver card. Which I have now connected succesfully to my computer via MACH3. I have also bought BobCAD-CAM V23 for the CAM side. And that's about as far as I've got so far.

Sorry for the essay!

Thanks Jolyon