. .
  1. #1
    Hoping someone might be able to tell me a little more about this fixed gantry machine, it is from 1996 & I originally thought it might be an Isel machine but can't seem to find anything from them that matches.
    It apparently came from a school which is why I thought Isel to begin with.

    I have enclosed a few pictures that were sent to me.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cnc ident tag.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	220.8 KB 
ID:	31041
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cnc1.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	273.5 KB 
ID:	31042
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cnc2.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	276.3 KB 
ID:	31043
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cnc5.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	261.6 KB 
ID:	31044
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	control box 1.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	487.9 KB 
ID:	31045
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	control box 2.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	541.9 KB 
ID:	31046

    The thought was to use this control box if I am able to rather than rip it out & spend a few hundred pounds building a new one, at least to start with anyway. I know that is not always the easiest option though lol

  2. #2
    The name is right there, "Conect Numerical Control" , company dissolved in 2000
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    The name is right there, "Conect Numerical Control" , company dissolved in 2000
    Thanks, I didn't realise that was the manufacturer's name, just something relevant to that particular control panel lol

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by martin54 View Post
    Thanks, I didn't realise that was the manufacturer's name, just something relevant to that particular control panel lol
    Conect used to make lathes as well, I have one here that came out of a school in Scotland. I think they mostly supplied schools and universities.

    Regards the control box then most of that stuff is from the Arc and you would be better off starting again with a new controller and drives. This will transform it into a different machine and be much more reliable.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

    Email: dean@jazzcnc.co.uk

    Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Conect used to make lathes as well, I have one here that came out of a school in Scotland. I think they mostly supplied schools and universities.

    Regards the control box then most of that stuff is from the Arc and you would be better off starting again with a new controller and drives. This will transform it into a different machine and be much more reliable.
    Yes I realise that thanks Dean but was just seeing if it would be possible to save some money to start out, looking at the cost to buy the machine & then what I need to buy to rebuild it & get it up & running then it might be beyond my budget at the moment. Will have to give it further thought.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Collet Identification
    By ngwagwa in forum Tool & Tooling Technology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-10-2018, 09:29 PM
  2. Switch identification
    By mekanik in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-03-2017, 08:47 AM
  3. Motor identification
    By petejw in forum Stepper & Servo Motors
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 13-03-2015, 11:02 PM
  4. Motor Identification
    By Ricardoco in forum General Electronics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 14-05-2013, 08:27 PM
  5. Machine Identification - What Is This?
    By machineage in forum Milling Machines, Builds & Conversions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 18-02-2013, 12:36 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •