. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11
    I bought win pcnc usb and uc100 controllers. As a beginner I found the the UC100 and the uccnc software much easier to get on with. I am making a new machine with an AXBB-E controller which is ethernet based. I must say I never had any problems with the uc100 usb system.
    Cheers
    Andrew

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    Though I'd be exploring the bullet on the S 720 feature list...
    I noticed that, but in the "Questions" area past customers also talk about Win PC USB, so possibly that was standard with older machines, which this one is. Or an option, which is why the OP is asking? My impression is that this older model was intended to run with parallel port, which is no longer possible with Win10.

  3. #13
    If you use a uc100 there is no problem as it's designed as an interface between parallel port and usb out to a modern computer. The same can be said for win pcnc usb.
    Cheers
    Andrew

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    I noticed that, but in the "Questions" area past customers also talk about Win PC USB, so possibly that was standard with older machines, which this one is. Or an option, which is why the OP is asking? My impression is that this older model was intended to run with parallel port, which is no longer possible with Win10.
    The reason I'm so glad I kept both my retail vers of 7 and xp.
    Served me well the last 5 years. Win10 is too bloated afaic and the forced updates is undesirable.

    I only use the xp pc mainly for bench testing lpt boards etc these days. Saves disconnecting equipment in control box.

  5. #15
    Thanks for ALL your advice and input, its been a big help.

    After reading and viewing videos on your recommended UC products, I'm thinking of purchasing the UC100 usb controller and Mach3 software. Judging by some of the articles I've read,, they appear to be very simple to set-up and run quite smoothly together, so I'm hoping they should be fine running on my windows 7 64bit system.

    Q) Does the UC100 contoller have any preference to USB 2 or USB 3 connectivity ?
    Q) Does the US400 Ethernet version have any advantages over the UC 100 ?

    Any advice welcome and thanks again for your time and responses.

  6. #16
    JAZZCNC's Avatar
    Lives in wakefield, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 8,436. Received thanks 1,445 times, giving thanks to others 108 times. Referred 1 members to the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fall_Guy13 View Post
    Thanks for ALL your advice and input, its been a big help.

    After reading and viewing videos on your recommended UC products, I'm thinking of purchasing the UC100 usb controller and Mach3 software. Judging by some of the articles I've read,, they appear to be very simple to set-up and run quite smoothly together, so I'm hoping they should be fine running on my windows 7 64bit system.

    Q) Does the UC100 contoller have any preference to USB 2 or USB 3 connectivity ?
    Q) Does the US400 Ethernet version have any advantages over the UC 100 ?

    Any advice welcome and thanks again for your time and responses.
    Mach3 is a bad choice, it's unsupported and does have some bugs which won't ever get fixed. UCCNC is far better software that is supported and made by the people who make the hardware, it doesn't get better than this and to top it off UCCNC is cheaper than Mach3.

    Regards which controller.? I wouldn't go with USB, even the UC100 as it's much more prone to interference by electrical noise. Ethernet is the only sensible choice IMO if you are going to the trouble of wiring in a new controller.

    The UC400 is ok and uses Ethernet which is far superior to USB, however, it doesn't have Analog outputs so if you want to control spindle speed through the software then you will need a separate spindle board.

    The best Combo in my opinion for machines that don't require using ATC or need lots of Inputs and Outputs is the AXBB-E and UCCNC.
    We fit these into all our machines and they are fantastic. Very easy to set up all in a very neat package for wiring. They provide 4-axis as standard on the board and can be upgraded to 6-axis by adding a separate breakout board which also provides extra Inputs/Outputs if required.

    The UC300, UC400, and the AXBB-E all use the same Controller so in performance terms they are exactly the same. The only difference between them is the amount of I/O with the UC300 being the one that provides the most I/O for larger machines that require lots of inputs/outputs.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

    Email: dean@jazzcnc.co.uk

    Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

  7. #17
    Hi,

    Thanks for the advice.

    Alas I placed an order for the UC100 last night, so I'll see how it performs and if I encounter any problems I'll have a look at your Ethernet recommendations. Being a complete novice and just starting out, I'm going to keep the cost as low as poss, until I'm more knowledgeable with the terminology, hardware and systems. (my head hurts already )

    Many thanks

  8. #18
    Doddy's Avatar
    Lives in Preston, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 23 Hours Ago Has been a member for 8-9 years. Has a total post count of 1,348. Received thanks 187 times, giving thanks to others 66 times. Referred 1 members to the community.
    The UC100 is a respected device. Be aware there's a grey market out there with fake UC100s - obviously the horse has bolted here, but just go into this with eyes open. Also, with any luck the USB interface could work well (I'm firmly in the ethernet camp, myself) but take things logically and test the UC100 with your BoB/system. Everything should be okay, but as a novice don't beat your head against a wall - ask questions here if you have problems.

  9. #19
    JAZZCNC's Avatar
    Lives in wakefield, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 8,436. Received thanks 1,445 times, giving thanks to others 108 times. Referred 1 members to the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fall_Guy13 View Post
    Hi,

    Thanks for the advice.

    Alas I placed an order for the UC100 last night, so I'll see how it performs and if I encounter any problems I'll have a look at your Ethernet recommendations. Being a complete novice and just starting out, I'm going to keep the cost as low as poss, until I'm more knowledgeable with the terminology, hardware and systems. (my head hurts already )

    Many thanks
    Ok, That's a shame and it will most likely perform ok, but that doesn't mean it's a good choice.!

    Also, let me just point out that it's a common mistake to try to keep costs low by trying to take what appears to be the easy or cheap route.? Because what nearly always happens is that you just end up buying things twice and in reality, the work involved to do it right the first time isn't that hard.

    It's always better to do the research and ask questions before making any purchasing decisions, then do a little more and ask again before hitting the GO button.

    Don't struggle just ask.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

    Email: dean@jazzcnc.co.uk

    Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Connecting a VFD
    By phill05 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15-04-2021, 12:02 PM
  2. APT High speed, high hardness end mills - anyone used them?
    By Voicecoil in forum Metalwork Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 18-04-2020, 09:26 PM
  3. Laptop for connecting to CNC?
    By MCmec in forum Tool & Tooling Technology
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 17-01-2020, 09:26 PM
  4. help connecting a pot to huanyang vfd 2.2
    By edgas10 in forum General Electronics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 14-08-2016, 05:45 PM
  5. Connecting VFD
    By andrew583 in forum Spindles & Drive Motors
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19-08-2014, 12:01 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •