. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I would like to construct my cnc bed from 60x60 extruded aluminum.
    It should end up in the region of 1.6mx1m with 2 additional cross bars for the work surface.

I am just wondering if, after ordering the lengths, they would need any aditional machining/rounding off. (I am sure it will differ between suppliers)

Have any of you had experience in this? Is it possible to just order and assemble and expect them to line up?

Also, if you could suggest a good supplier, it would be much appreciated.

2. Quote Originally Posted by CNCBlug View Post
    I would like to construct my cnc bed from 60x60 extruded aluminum.
    It should end up in the region of 1.6mx1m with 2 additional cross bars for the work surface.

I am just wondering if, after ordering the lengths, they would need any aditional machining/rounding off. (I am sure it will differ between suppliers)

Have any of you had experience in this? Is it possible to just order and assemble and expect them to line up?

Also, if you could suggest a good supplier, it would be much appreciated.
    Most will only guarantee cutting accuracy to +1 or 2mm as this is down to the operators setting of the cutting jig, but usually identical lengths will be very close to identical as the cut is very repeatable. You can often specify higher accuracy at a price, read their website small print.

KJN are often cited here as a good supplier, although I have no personal experience
    Last edited by irving2008; 23-12-2009 at 01:38 PM.

You could check out www.mbsitem.co.uk A friend bought some Profile 8 kit from them and the cut length was +0.5mm over what he requested. However all pieces were exactly the same and the ends were perfectly square.

I have no connection to this company.
    Last edited by irving2008; 25-12-2009 at 11:38 AM. Reason: fixed link
    Tim G-C

“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

(attrib. Voltaire but written by Evelyn Beatrice Hall "The Friends of Voltaire" 1906)

Links not working bootie !

Hmmmmmm. does for me ... Well if not just copy and paste ...
    Tim G-C

“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

(attrib. Voltaire but written by Evelyn Beatrice Hall "The Friends of Voltaire" 1906)

6. Quote Originally Posted by Wobblybootie View Post
    Hmmmmmm. does for me ... Well if not just copy and paste ...
    Thats cos i fixed it! :wave:

Ahhhhhhh .... Cheers ...
    Tim G-C

Thx guys!

I suppose the table width might be out by a mm or two, but at least it should be close to parallel.
    I think I will get the gantry widths cut after the bed is made.

Oh and thanks for the links too. I will go have a look.

Oks

Blug,

I cut some of this material recently, please see this link: [ame="http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10161#post10161"]Link[/ame]

Looking at using this myself to build the frame and gantry for my homemade CNC machine, what are you guys planning on using for the axes? have you used the sliding carriages that are available or an ingenious DIY method?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information