. .
    Hello, I wonder if anyone can help. I'm trying to get my new to me AXYZ 4010 up and running. The machine powers on, runs the spindle warmup routine, and the gantry can be moved using the keypad on the SubConsole. I'm having difficulties connecting to the machine via PC.

Windows 7 finds the USB to RS485 converter (Model 485-1A) when plugged into my PC and adds it as new hardware, but I don't think it has the correct drivers installed. From reading around, it seems the drivers were supplied on a "Toolpath CD" which I don't have a copy of.

The software which I do have on the PC (which I am guessing is used to communicate to the machine) is "A2MC Setup.exe" and "axyz_dnc.exe". Both open fine, but when I hit "Connect" it cannot find the machine either automatically, or manually using different IPs. I think the issue is the USB to RS485 converter, hopefully it is just a driver issue and not an issue with the converter itself.

Does anyone have a copy of the Toolpath CD, or the drivers from the disc?

Thanks, Bob.

Did you manage to get anywhere with this Bob, I know we have some USB to 485 drivers on the forum somewhere that I can try and find for you ?
    .Me

Hi,

I have the driver/CD with that. Would anyone have a copy of the axyz_dnc.exe for me? I don't have it unfortunately.

Thank you

Hi I'm looking for the software and drivers.

Do I need the USB converter from AXYZ or can I buy one off ebay?

you can certainly try an Ebay version. its probably a lot cheaper. the drivers for the converter are part of the ToolPath disk, along with the all the operating systems and toolPath and the DNC.

If you do a search for RS485 drivers,quite a few sources appear.

how many of those drivers are set to the pin-out AXYZ uses?

Quote Originally Posted by t8r007 View Post
    how many of those drivers are set to the pin-out AXYZ uses?
    I may misunderstand the function of an RS485 driver,is it not to enable a comms protocol?I would imagine that the protocol,once activated,would allow the proprietary software that is installed on the computer to send the data through the cable.Are AXYZ using some variation from the standard?

Thread Information