. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I was looking at an CNC machine in Sweden that I maybe buy. The problem is that the owner died in Covid so the wife don’t know anything about the machine more then it was bought from England.

The stepping motors has CNC4YOU on it the Z axis is Nema 34 8.7Nm and the rest is 23 3.1Nm. But i cant find the machine on that site, and there Z axis not look like this machine.

Im little worried that I cant get parts to it the rack and pinion rassle little so maybe I need to buy new. Any clues how built this machine?
    Should be good to also have support for files and that thing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D9D4AF21-F806-438D-B8DA-266CF0BB9858.PNG 
Views:	195 
Size:	626.5 KB 
ID:	31193

Name:	13A83645-0243-4BF3-B182-CDDE6F74D264.JPG 
Views:	191 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	31192

Name:	2D777CFD-7255-4DC5-B6F9-D5A8BCBEA51D.JPG 
Views:	181 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	31194

Name:	174660B9-5A28-425B-BE31-F714DB9955E7.JPG 
Views:	202 
Size:	116.8 KB 
ID:	31195

Name:	47189086-7B14-471B-A809-C37052A6F886.PNG 
Views:	164 
Size:	691.9 KB 
ID:	31196

Name:	32130497-B073-4441-A526-1A724195C70E.JPG 
Views:	160 
Size:	123.6 KB 
ID:	31197

Name:	AC2B6661-B772-4160-AFB1-1B0BCC844BAD.JPG 
Views:	165 
Size:	138.8 KB 
ID:	31198

Maybe a home-brew using their components?

That Z-Axis has a whiff of Marchant Dice about it. The rest - plenty of witness-marks from obvious hand-finished components/assembly.

Agree with both your points Doddy.

Super Box and Tonman (BoB and Drivers now obsolete!) stink of Marchant Dice.

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    Super Box and Tonman (BoB and Drivers now obsolete!) stink of Marchant Dice.
    I bought the machine today :-) I payed 4000Euro for it with lots of extra stuff to it.

Is the drivers so obsolete? Is it possible to upgrade the machine with new things for it like drivers and stuff like that? It run Mach3 on windows XP, should be great if its compatible with UC100 and UCCNC but probably not? :-)

For me it feels like a big upgrade from my old machine Raw CNC 1.5 extended build in Sweden. This Marchant Dice is HUGE.

I really need to find where to get this 10mm racks and pinions for it so i have extra, any suggestion where to look for it? I cant find any info where Kevin went so its hard to find where to find parts for it.

Best Regards!
    Kim

Rack and pinion will be Chinese. Have a look on AliExpress. If you open up the controller box and find that the BoB and drivers are connected by IDC ribbon cables and the Bob and drivers are made by Tonman they are obsolete. If you have any driver problems send me a picture of the driver showing any model number and I will look in my keep boxes. I have three of them somewhere if they are the drivers I suspect they are. If you need them, you can have them for the postage costs. Otherwise you would have to go the route I went when the BoB fried and replace the lot with standard kit. If you are running 48v then you would probably be better off going to a higher voltage at the same time.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 14 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by winzhangout View Post
    I bought the machine today :-) I payed 4000Euro for it with lots of extra stuff to it.

I really need to find where to get this 10mm racks and pinions for it so i have extra, any suggestion where to look for it? I cant find any info where Kevin went so its hard to find where to find parts for it.

Best Regards!
    Kim
    I would get the machine moving first then you can see if you need to change them, you don't need to fit the same racks and pinions.

The Z axis could do with some work on it and fitting a 2.2Kw W.C.. spindle and VFD
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Everything You have is usable.
    Everything You have could also be better.

Rack/p is easy and cheap.
    Steppers and drivers are easy and cheap.

Find what you want to do.
    And how much you want to do it.

I went "all-in" high end over 15 years ago and have probably spent over 150k€ on it - but I was also later paid well as the haas country sales manager, where I grew the sales 13x in 2012.

If You have a PC and a license and a working set of machx SW, most of your difficulties are less.
    Vastly less.
    Not because of anything about You or the tech, just that learning will be 100x less difficult and slow.

Try.
    Work.
    Build.
    -- Learn.

There is no right or wrong.
    The 70k€ HAAS industrial control is not vastly better than machx -- and the cheap chinese offline controllers for 300€ will be fine for 95% of users, esp. routers.
    The 500k€ and up HERMLE is not vastly better in the control than HAAS, or machx.

Some new japanese sw controllers might be really better -- but You wont find them.
    Some new sw controllers -- likewise.
    I am testing and considering them.
    But they run on their own 1500 € proprietary hw. Says 600€, but it´s really 1500 by the time it´s done.
    Another, centronics, might be good, but its also about 2500 € like everyone else.

Please help, whats wrong this is in air without spindle connected and run in 5m/min could not be this bad trying to create circle. This is like worst shit i have seen really only hope its only something wrong in the setup not smooth at all and slow as shit. Please check the video recorded when its goes around. From 1min/m its the same slow and up and slower feedrate its slower but not smoother.
    This cant be as bad as this. Nema 34 motors.

https://youtu.be/VTGPy6uqdxc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information