. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1
    Hi all, This is my small build. Base is made of structural concrete and the rest is just some steel box tubing for the gantry and some 20mm aluminum brackets and plates. Nema23 3nm closed loop steppers, ballscrews etc...

    Work in progress...

    Cheers



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220526_152015.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	31207
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220617_183234.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	280.2 KB 
ID:	31208
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220821_190333.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	318.8 KB 
ID:	31209

  2. #2
    Hi all,
    New part to upgrade the machine and improve rigidity.
    Hope this video has a bit more quality.

    Cheers


  3. #3
    Wow machine looks great ...

    ...as do the parts your making, what machine did you use to make those? I will sub and watch your videos later :)
    .Me

  4. #4
    Would you like to share the aggregate ingredients, % of all ingredients and the type of resin. I also want to build , i am almost done with the design but i am looking for proper aggregate now. Thanks !

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Wow machine looks great ...

    ...as do the parts your making, what machine did you use to make those? I will sub and watch your videos later :)
    Hi Lee, thanks...
    All the parts were made by this machine. It has evolved over the last year... It all started with a 3018 from aliexpress lol

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to XYZ_Spec For This Useful Post:


  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by masinecc View Post
    Would you like to share the aggregate ingredients, % of all ingredients and the type of resin. I also want to build , i am almost done with the design but i am looking for proper aggregate now. Thanks !
    Sure... It's not epoxy resin. It's structural concrete with internal steel reinforcements (the same concrete used in bridges, etc).
    So far so good.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by XYZ_Spec View Post
    Sure... It's not epoxy resin. It's structural concrete with internal steel reinforcements (the same concrete used in bridges, etc).
    So far so good.
    What min and max sand size ?

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by masinecc View Post
    What min and max sand size ?
    It's already done for you inside the bags.
    Pre-mixed, just have to add water

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by XYZ_Spec View Post
    Hi Lee, thanks...
    All the parts were made by this machine. It has evolved over the last year... It all started with a 3018 from aliexpress lol
    Understood, I went on to watch the vids after I posted, looks good :)

    Quote Originally Posted by XYZ_Spec View Post
    It's already done for you inside the bags.
    Pre-mixed, just have to add water
    Still what one did you use the finish looks really smooth, any tricks to that ?
    .Me

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Still what one did you use the finish looks really smooth, any tricks to that ?
    The mix is done with fine sand, that's why the finish is not rough. Applied primer, sanded a bit and then painted it. It's not that perfect, but the performance is what matters at the end. :)

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to XYZ_Spec For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Damping Test of Concrete & Steel Tube
    By Tenson in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 16-05-2022, 01:26 PM
  2. Adding a Laser to my steel and concrete machine
    By Bongo in forum Gantry/Router Machines & Building
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16-05-2022, 12:28 PM
  3. Machining lighweight (AAC) concrete blocks.....
    By Voicecoil in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-07-2020, 08:32 PM
  4. FOR SALE: Snowcrete Concrete - 14 x 25 KG Bags
    By Chaz in forum Items For Sale
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13-04-2019, 04:32 PM
  5. concrete base
    By reefy86 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-12-2017, 09:55 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •