. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
    I don't think my encoder looks like that. The encoder looks like this.

Attachment 31278

However, I'll consider what you've said. Thank you!

Edit: If you're pertaining to opening the inside of the encoder, I might check it later.
    Actually - that's very interesting - that looks very much like the common-or-garden quadrature encoder - can you post details of the label? (I've tried magnifying and angling the laptop, but can't see enough detail). But I might be heading down a rabbit-hole here. But a quick image of the label....

Edit: Still think testing pull ups is a quick and easy test.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    Actually - that's very interesting - that looks very much like the common-or-garden quadrature encoder - can you post details of the label? (I've tried magnifying and angling the laptop, but can't see enough detail). But I might be heading down a rabbit-hole here. But a quick image of the label....

Edit: Still think testing pull ups is a quick and easy test.
    The thing is the photo I used is just a generic photo of what mine looked like. Since the CNC and the tool turret with it are around 20+ years old, someone might have removed the label. Some things are for sure: (1) It is an 8-Position Absolute Encoder; (2) It looks like the photo I attached; (3) I think it is the original encoder from the Baruffaldi TOE-100 Turret (since the wire colors and how it is assembled to the turret fits the TOE-100 manual).

I'll drop an update after testing pull-ups. Thanks for that.

Lives in Lytham St. Annes, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11 Hours Ago Has been a member for 6-7 years. Has a total post count of 417. Received thanks 61 times, giving thanks to others 10 times.
    The position switch on the hydraulic turret on my Tree lathe looks like this visually but it's actually an "8 position rotary switch" by Sanyo. I'm pretty sure mine actually has 8 reed switches in it, as it beeps out in either direction with a DVM. The giveaway is that it has 9 wires.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information