. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I've made and wired up my electronics enclosure.
    I need to activate my UNCNC license and get my computer to communicate with my AXBB-E unit.

I have a windows 10, 16 gig ram laptop that I will use to control my 60 / 40 CNC
    It has an ethernet port. I bought a new crossover cable and apparently the AXBB-E unit is powering up correctly.

The laptop will not allow me to change the IP to 10.10.10.10 sub 255.255.255.0 messaging that more information is required
    It indicates that the AXBB-E unit has an incompatible IP address.

Connecting to my (windows 11) office computer allows the IP address to be set to 10.10.10.10 sub 255.255.255.0
    However UCxxx cannot recognize the AXBB-E unit. When I try the blue link led blinks which I assume indicates that there is a connection. Both the green leds are lit so the unit seems to be powered up and working correctly (see photo)

The UNCNC software wlll only open in demo mode and there seems to be no way to activate the license key.

From google searches other have encountered the same problem.
    I've spent about 12 hrs trying various ways to sort this.
    I've written to the supplier and manufacturer for advice waiting on replies.
    Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks Evans

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP3203.png 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	31277

Quote Originally Posted by Evans View Post

The UNCNC software wlll only open in demo mode and there seems to be no way to activate the license key.
    You don't activate the license, all you do is place the license file in the UCCNC root folder. Then, when you first start UCCNC it will do a firmware update with the new license info; from then on, it will just load normally.

Why the laptop isn't seeing it I'm not sure, but usually, it's straightforward. We use Laptops using all versions of windows from XP to Win11 and never have any issues with the Ethernet side.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    The default IP address on the board I believe is 10.10.10.10
    So you have to have a different IP address in the PC
    So you have to have something like this. 10.10.10.11
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

You need to set your laptop ethernet as 10.10.10.11.

10.10.10.10. Is the AXBB-E address. This is why you can't use this ip on the laptop, because it is an ip conflict.

Lives in Plymouth, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 18 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,725. Received thanks 295 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    ...and I found the manual to be a bit confusing about this address business as well when I was setting up my UC300ETH. I found out by pinging the IP address from the Windows machine and finding 10.10.10,10 already out there. Good news is that it's been absolutely solid ever since I got it right! Once you know what the problem is, you can read the manual and see that it is correct. It's just that that's not how you read it first time through...

Some progress this morning UCxxx is recognizing the AXBB-E it gives the serial # as CAOED1 and IP address as 10.10.10.11

However not yet worked out how to get the license key installed. Which exactly is the UCCNC root folder ?
    I've tried copying the license text to UCCNC exe.config and UCCNC but not getting any joy.

When I power up the AXBB-E and open UCCNC it says "valid license key not found ! application will run in demo mode"

Once I sort out this hurdle and know the license is recognized and the computer and AXBB-E are linked I'll go back to trying to get everything working on the laptop.
    Thanks for the advice Evans

The root folder is the folder where you installed your UCCNC program probably C:\UCCNC
    If you right click on your UCCNC desktop or start menu icon and go to properties open file location it should show you where your root folder is.

Cheers
    Andrew

Is the AXBB directly wired to the laptop via a dedicated LAN port, or is it through a LAN switch?

Run the diagnostic software provided by UCCNC and see if it finds your AXBB.

Quote Originally Posted by Evans View Post
    However not yet worked out how to get the license key installed. Which exactly is the UCCNC root folder ?
    I've tried copying the license text to UCCNC exe.config and UCCNC but not getting any joy.

When I power up the AXBB-E and open UCCNC it says "valid license key not found ! application will run in demo mode"
    The root folder is where you installed UCCNC, as mentioned by Waldo this is probably C:\UCCNC.

You don't need to copy the text just paste the whole file sent to you into the Root folder. This is why you are not coming out of demo mode as the AXBB-E needs to update it's firmware.

The 10,10,10,10 is another matter and often works for most PCs but occasionally network conflicts can happen and often 10,10,10,1 and 10,10,10,11 will work.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

It appears that I've done everything that is supposed to work.

Since UCxx scan recognizes and identifies the AXBB-E unit. The computer IP of 10.10.10.10 sub 255.255.255.0 and crossover network cable plugged directly into the LAN port on computer appears to be communicating correctly.

The licence (which I did download, copy and pasted to UCCNC. It is in text ) is showing up on the UCCNC "local disk" which as far as I can tell is where it should be to be recognized. All the other UCCNC folders from the download are showing up there too.

I'll do some more analysis of that today. If I can't find anything apparently wrong with what I've done I'll uninstall UCCNC and go through the process again.
    It seems the licence issue is all I need to sort on this computer to get everything working correctly.
    Once that is done I will just need to persuade my laptop to change its IP and I'll be set to carry on with wiring the CNC machine.
    I will check with the vendor that the licence key is meant to be in text ( The download is identified as - UCCNClicense_CAOED1.txt )

Thanks again. I will post progress as there are other threads from those who have also had similar problems.

I feel that the AXBB-E and UCCNC software are an excellent choice once installed and working, so worth persisting with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information