. .
    Hi all, just trying to set up a 4kw 380v VFD for controlling the speed of a spray booth extract fan, 3 phase 1440 rpm. out of the box using the rotary knob the max speed I am getting is about half what it was when direct on line, help would be appreciated. The manual is very difficult to take in.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugwas View Post
    Hi all, just trying to set up a 4kw 380v VFD for controlling the speed of a spray booth extract fan, 3 phase 1440 rpm. out of the box using the rotary knob the max speed I am getting is about half what it was when direct on line, help would be appreciated. The manual is very difficult to take in.
    You need to supply more info for us to be able to help, such as the model # of VFD Huanyang makes many different models and any parameters you have changed or set up. Also, details on the Motor plate would help. ie Voltage, current, etc.

Also, are you sure it's a 380V output VFD.? Most are 240 single-phase inputs with 240V 3-phase output. Not many provide 240v input with 380v output and I don't think Huanyang makes one but could be wrong on that.!
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    You need to supply more info for us to be able to help, such as the model # of VFD Huanyang makes many different models and any parameters you have changed or set up. Also, details on the Motor plate would help. ie Voltage, current, etc.

Also, are you sure it's a 380V output VFD.? Most are 240 single-phase inputs with 240V 3-phase output. Not many provide 240v input with 380v output and I don't think Huanyang makes one but could be wrong on that.!
    Hi Jazzcnc, The VFD is 3 phase in and 3 phase out (380v) 4kw and brand new. Motor is 4kw 420v 50hz 1420 rpm 8.5 Amps, I did a factory reset on the VFD which changed the parameters from 400 Hz to 50
    The motor speed can now be controlled but only via the up/down arrows, when I change the setting to be controlled via the rotary knob the motor will only ramp up to half speed. Using it with the arrows but would be better if I could use the knob

We need that model number or a link to the manual @Pugwas if you still need help...
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    We need that model number or a link to the manual @Pugwas if you still need help...
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/383807374...mis&media=MORE

This is what I purchased

What supply are you providing to the power-input to the VFD?

That link suggests a 380VAC(400VAC, UK) 3-phase supply is required.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    What supply are you providing to the power-input to the VFD?

That link suggests a 380VAC(400VAC, UK) 3-phase supply is required.
    Yes it’s a 3-phase supply, no neutral.

Thread Information