. .
    Hi all,
    An odd problem here, Had a problem with the Y+ limit switch failing on my 1325 cnc router and with the switch permanently activated I couldn't jog in the Y+ position, fair enough i thought, I replaced the proximity switch with an operational one but the problem of not being able to jog in the Y+ direction still exists/ Odd thing is that if I choose continual jog nothing at all happens but if I select step mode, I can jog ok in whatever increment is set .Bit of an oddball this one!!

If I load and run Gcode, machine runs ok with expected movement in all axis, it seems to be only when continuous jogging is enabled that the problem exists.
    I notice that the flashing led on the controller STAT0 changes to a solid STAT1 when jogging in all axis except for the Y+ where the led status does not change.

Machine type 1325 8x4 Chinese router with CS-labs csmio-ips, R&P on x and y axis with additional slave drive on Y, ballscrew on z axis. Stepper motors all round, 3.3kw w/c spindle. MACH3 control software.
    Any ideas welcome.
    Last edited by alboy; 01-10-2022 at 01:35 PM. Reason: additional info added

Edited original post to say that it jogs ok in step mode but not continuous.

Well mystery solved.....

The new proximity sensor was faulty!! It appeared to be working fine but was intermittently causing an active state, luckily enough I have a few sensors in the spares cupboard. New sensor fitted and all good.

Quote Originally Posted by alboy View Post
    Well mystery solved.....

The new proximity sensor was faulty!! It appeared to be working fine but was intermittently causing an active state, luckily enough I have a few sensors in the spares cupboard. New sensor fitted and all good.
    Pleased you have now got this sorted out :)
    .Me

Thread Information