. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi all

Not been posting on here for a while as my CNC has not been used much for the last 6 months as I'm mid loft conversion..... But, it is now needed for part of the job.

I am making some newel posts for the stairs - trying to match the old ones and need to simply pocket out a simple rectangle on each side. One of the simplest things I have done, but I'm having some issues. The newel post is a 120mm square post of oak. My machine (a Jazz 6090) seems to have a max z axis of approx 125mm. So the oak post fits under nicely with a few mm to spare. However, on UCCNC, it tell me "Job out of software limits" "The current job workspace is out of the set software limits - Adjust the software limits to fit the job extents or disable the software limits"

Now I have done a little googling and found a few things - UCCNC go into configuration > general settings and uncheck "enable softlimits" - doesn't work

Also in Vectric i set the rapid z gaps above material to 4 mm as opposed to the standard 6mm, hoping this would have some effect on the toolpath - didn't work

Any suggestions to over ride the soft limits for this instance? I really don't want to have to get my blunt chisel out

Bit of experimenting and it looks like the machine wants the z axis zero to be 20mm less than the machine max z axis…..

Found the perfect solution…… you have to admire my brilliance and stupidity in conjunction here - I raised the bit 20mm in the collet!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilsbury For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pilsbury View Post
    The newel post is a 120mm square post of oak. My machine (a Jazz 6090) seems to have a max z axis of approx 125mm.
    So the oak post fits under nicely with a few mm to spare. However, on UCCNC, it tell me "Job out of software limits" "The current job workspace is out of the set software limits - Adjust the software limits to fit the job extents or disable the software limits"

Now I have done a little googling and found a few things - UCCNC go into configuration > general settings and uncheck "enable softlimits" - doesn't work

Also in Vectric i set the rapid z gaps above material to 4 mm as opposed to the standard 6mm, hoping this would have some effect on the toolpath - didn't work

Any suggestions to over ride the soft limits for this instance? I really don't want to have to get my blunt chisel out
    Hi Mark,

The total travel of the Z axis is probably closer to -170mm, looking back at your profile the soft limit is set at -169mm, so I suspect that you have a spoil board or two on the bed so together with the thick material and long tool the G-code is trying to lift above the positive soft limit.

NEVER disable soft limits, they are protecting you and telling you something is wrong, better to find out what the issue is, usually 99% time, it's a CAM issue with retracts being too high. Or as in this case, there simply isn't enough room for the material and the tool.! So In this case, you found the best solution.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Thread Information