. .
    Hi Everyone
    I am thinking about starting building guitars, normally I would do his using templates and a router etc. This will also include the purchase of quite a few tools etc.ie planing/milling etc etc. This expense can be off set with the purchase of a reasonably cheap cnc machine.

I have seen the Fox Alien Masuter Pro which can be extended and that would give me the full range to build the guitar and the neck (separately) which is what I need.

I know its cheap as far as CNC machines go but I don't have the ££ to spend on a mahoosive one at this time. What I like about the CNC is that I can make exact copies of whatever I am doing ie body shape, neck width, that sort of thing.

Does anyone else have the same machine and does the same thing, is it worth it? I am not too concerned about the time it takes to carve.

Thanks

Lee

Welcome Lee.

If you want to do this seriously, save a bit longer. You'll be disappointed with that one five minutes after starting your first cut.

But, of course, Christmas looms and we all like new toys. I would look for something with more than 6cm of Z travel though if you want to try guitars, once you include tool stick out that limits you to projects less than 3cm in depth, which will be difficult even then.

Thread Information