Hi there! I've been lurking for a little while and scratching my head, I just figured I'd come and say hello

I've been using a 3 axis CNC router made by Marchant Dice (I understand that's a bit of a swear-word around here) for several years now, but I realise I know next to nothing about how it operates, the parts it uses and why, or how I'd repair a catastrophic failure... that sort of thing. I've just been going through the motions and doing what I was taught/managed to figure out, I'd like to upgrade from trained monkey to competent technician. The knowledge some of you guys have is staggering!

I have an engineering degree and a can-do attitude. The machine has a 2.2kw water-cooled spindle and 1.2x1.2m machine bed, the control box is a Tonman Superbox (pretty sure it's obsolete) and the PC is old as balls running Mach3 on XP, and all my toolpaths are made in VCarve. Looking to learn! If anyone has any resources that have helped them out over the years I'd be glad to be pointed towards them.