. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Well the last two days I have spent a lot of time generating scrap :cry:

Drills breaking off in holes, holes bored too big because I forgot the clicks on the boring head were radius not diameter ( I'd remembered right up to the last but one cut :sad: ) and finally when I get everything else right, I went to tap out a 3mm hole and the tap snapped off in the hole... thought it felt tight, wasn't till after it snapped I looked closely... the plug tap was a 1/8BSW not an M3... this was a brand new 3tap set from RDG still in its plastic wrapping... never imagined one of them would be wrong.

Argggggggghhhhh

Look on the bright side, if you had took up knitting you would have probably dropped a stitch .........................
    John S -

Yes but you could then have corrected it but in metal....

Oh yes and those days when I had wished I had stayed in bed... but thats another story..

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Look on the bright side, if you had took up knitting you would have probably dropped a stitch .........................
    :lmao: lol:rofl: !, gota love john !

5. OK, in a bid to recover my sanity and not have to start over, has anyone ever used this broken tap remover liquid? It sounds too good to be true!

His feedback is good so he's not a cowboy seller. I reckon it would be worth a try.

Yes it works but it's slow.

It's only Alum so if you have any kicking about use that, you don't actually say what material , this only works with non ferrous.

Heath food shops sell Alum, it's a spice.

John S -

8. Quote Originally Posted by pavlo View Post
    His feedback is good so he's not a cowboy seller. I reckon it would be worth a try.
    Yes, the supplier is OK, bought my Vactra oil and Catsrol SUDS stuff fom him in the past. He does a lot of useful chemicals that are hard to get elsewhere.

9. Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Yes it works but it's slow.

It's only Alum so if you have any kicking about use that, you don't actually say what material , this only works with non ferrous.

Heath food shops sell Alum, it's a spice.

Alum = Aluminium Potassium Sulphate which he also sells @ 6.95 instead of 7.99 for 500g. I am working in Aluminium...

I'm going to redo the part, but I'll get some of this stuff and try it...

10. Irving,

Is it cold in your workshop? I find it's almost dangerous to work if the temperature is too low. My brain simply refuses to work properly, even though I don't feel that cold (i.e body and hands warm).

Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information