. .

Thread: Hello all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hello everyone
    Really starting to become fascinated with cnc and already have some experience with Auto desk 06 and inventor 3D and already have a vinyl plotter which I import for cad for making rubber masks for sand blasting, rubber gaskets and vinyl decals.
    But now i’ve got my heart set on a 3 axis desktop router/mill and with a little help from the members here would love to take on the challenge of build or convert one myself.

Looking forward to picking your drains on ideas and recommendations

Regards Jase

Lives in Nottingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11-11-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 176. Referred 1 members to the community.
    Hi Jase,

Welcome! :) Picking drains is likely to be at least as successful as picking brains!
    What would you build with your machine?

It'd be good to see a vid of a the vynil plotter - is that yours or do you work with it?

That has cheered me up indeed :clap:

Location unknown. Last Activity: 10-11-2014 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 58. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    Hello Jase welcome. :wave:

Ivan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Hi Jase,

Welcome! :) Picking drains is likely to be at least as successful as picking brains!
    What would you build with your machine?

It'd be good to see a vid of a the vynil plotter - is that yours or do you work with it?

what a great start. dont i feel a plonker ref: drains/brains

i plan to be making parts for rc cars in delrin and ally and the occasional component in mild steel for hobby pruposes but later plan to purchase a intermac stone working center for the company once i've got the basic skills with the hobby/desktop cnc i plan to build first.

the plotter is a foison C24 but unfortunately i dont have a camcorder but i'll post some pics tomorow. the plotter is myne/the companies and its currently making some masks for some york stone signs and some gearbox gaskets for a tamiya bruiser gear box in this rubber media http://www.harbrosupplies.com/catalo...ducts_id=13398
    and also use it with a pen on paper for 1:1 templates for the stone work.
    i love the plotter i gave aprox £300 of ebay and it paid for its self time and time again once i replaced the horrid software that came with it

Lives in Nottingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11-11-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 176. Referred 1 members to the community.
    Hi Jase,

drains/brains vinyl/vynil
    It's all good!

I've just been on the intermac website and those machines look really impressive. I'm not sure if the microphones have been cleverly placed, but the actual cutting (or maybe more like grinding?) seems incredibly quiet...

I've been thinking about starting a thread asking people to put up photos of the bits and pieces they've been making - I think it would be a good source of ideas / inspiration. Your RC gaskets would fit right in!

Hi Jase,

drains/brains vinyl/vynil
    It's all good!

I've just been on the intermac website and those machines look really impressive. I'm not sure if the microphones have been cleverly placed, but the actual cutting (or maybe more like grinding?) seems incredibly quiet...

I've been thinking about starting a thread asking people to put up photos of the bits and pieces they've been making - I think it would be a good source of ideas / inspiration. Your RC gaskets would fit right in!
    The noise levels are about correct I’ve been to the excel stone show at London and been in some of my competitors workshops and working in marble and slate will be as quiet as the vid’s but the noise levels go up another 10-15 DB on some granites and on grit stone but on the hole the electro plated diamond bits are very good for low abrasion stones

On the pic’s thread sounds great if it’s up and running by the time I’ve got around to posting the images I’ll put them in there

here you go the pics show that i mark the gaskets out with a pen instead of the knife first this helps me see where the cuts are after i fit the knife and cut them out.

hope you like :)

Very tidy... Thanks for posting them...

10. Hey dude I see your based in Nottingham whereabouts ? there are quite a few members here from Nottingham and it probably would be great to do a mini CNC-fest here and also invite other members that would like to come, nice to see us "locals" here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information