. .
    I've never heard of a motor without back EMF. However, there is a company in Ireland launching a new type of motor that apparently does not experience back EMF.

Here is a video about the E-Orbo technology and how it does not experience back EMF.

Introduction to an Orbo Electromagnetic Interaction - Part 1 - Steorn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5nae_I_Mus

My understanding is that the current/voltage traces should change when the system is under load. However, in the video it does not. Does that mean the system is not experiencing back EMF?

It seems these folks have a very interesting technology.

2. Surpise surprise, it seems that the poster is somehow associated with these people... same post has appeared on CNCZone - different username but a new user, first post... or is that the cynic in me rearing its head?

Lives in Nottingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11-11-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 176. Referred 1 members to the community.
    Hmm, what an utter load of rubbish, and a waste of 8 minutes.

Or perhaps I have misunderstood. Perhaps MachineVolt, can explain?
    A link to the patent would be good - one must exist. It would be imprudent to post such "very interesting technology" on YouTube without first obtaining a patent.

I jest, of course.
    There is no more a patent for this contraption than there is for a battery that goes flat eventually, a flying pig, and some of that grey fluff you occasionally find between your toes.
    I didn't bother patenting my battery/pig/fluff invention.
    Come to think of it I didn't even bother to make a YouTube video of it.

That'd go great in my perpetual motion machine!

complete load of rubbish. it only a Glorified version of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyzFk...eature=related
    they have next to no torque and you phisicaly have to get them rotating yourself for the magnetes to start repeling one and anouther
    you can clearly see him spin it with his fingers behind it to get it going in the orbe vid
    or is it just a joke vid?
    Last edited by j4son; 08-01-2010 at 05:39 PM.

6. I have been following Steorn for quite some time, and what they have shown is actually very interesting and when you look at the technology, it is actually very simple.
    It also looks like quite a few people have replicated the technology.
    And dont forget that Steorn are showing this to the public, so if you want a trip to ireland, you can see it working.

The main focus is that the coils are a closed loop system and from what i can make out,
    It is basically a brushless 4 pole toridial coil motor.
    The magnets are attracted to the iron in the toridial coils and when the coils are energized the iron is no longer seen by the magnets so the magnets do not stop in position by the coils.
    The current is controlled and switched in the coils in such a way that the rotor continues to spin.
    The real difference with this motor is that the current required to turn the rotor does not increase with load.
    Because the coils are used to saturate the iron and hide it from the magnets the current does not go up with load and there is no BEMF.
    So if it works, and it looks like it does, then the amount of current used to energize the coils will stay consistant regardless of the load because the coils are within a closed loop system.

Looks like they may have something after all.
    Time will tell, but it is does proove to be a workable technology, this could change the world....

Lets hope...

Steorn has posted a video of their second talk about their technology.

Steorn's Orbo Electromagnetic Interaction COP is greater than 1. Part 1 of 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzcZDr1AcEU

The video shares a lot of information.

The CEO says by the end of the month full calorimeter data will be posted.

Steorn has posted two more videos.

They claim these videos prove the E-Orbo is overunity.

Steorn Orbo - Proving Overunity 1/2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4Q3Klq5dxM

Steorn Orbo - Proving Overunity 2/2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7i7P63IByY

What do you think?

9. I watched this Vid the other day, and the traces show that there is up to three times the amount of power comming out of it than going in.
    I know that CLaNzeR is making a replication of the technology so will be keeping an eye on that.
    I am 100 % convinced that Steorn are not trying to conn anyone and they beleive in the technology, so if what they have is true then this is going to be very interesting.

Thread Information