. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lives in Nottingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11-11-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 176. Referred 1 members to the community.
    So after a brief chat with J4son a few days ago I decided to start a thread dedicated to ideas and inspiration...

What is everyone building / making / fixing with their machines?
    What works of art are out there, just waiting to be the inspiration for another person's project?

This thread is all about photos and videos, and lots of them! Lets get the creative juices flowing!
    I'll post a few ideas in a sec...

Lives in Nottingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11-11-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 176. Referred 1 members to the community.
    This is a bit of a cheat, but here are two things that I am planning to make...

The first is a wooden bowl with loads of curves. Still a little way off, but will be finished by the spring...

The next I think is just genius. I NEED to make one of these for my desk at work!
    The Ultimate Machine.

But this one is my favourite! :naughty:

Anyone have any other ideas? :idea:

I'm going to use my machine to make a buck for a mould for a car I'm desigining.

It'll also be used by someone else for a different car.

Main website is http://aeon.tribbeck.com/newconcept/

Not quite cnc but have been making rubber gaskets with my vinyl plotter/cutter for a tamiya bruiser mountaineer gearbox

I'm going to use my machine to make a buck for a mould for a car I'm desigining.
    A car! Wow, I didn't see that coming! :)
    Nice site tribs, I'll keep watching...

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    A car! Wow, I didn't see that coming! :)
    You should look right and left next time...:heehee:

Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    You should look right and left next time...:heehee:

Nice one .... well spotted

Well my bowl wasn't finished for the spring! The pressure's off now though - it's a wedding present, and the wedding was 6weeks ago! :whistling: I'm lucky my friends know me so well!

The bowl's still in the computer, but I've at last worked out how to section up into 6mm MDF slices using blender. Blender is a bit of a 'mare to use (massive understatement), but it can do loads of stuff with curves that CAD software just can't.

Here's progress so far:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plan view.PNG 
Views:	258 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	2589   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	I know how to do it now.PNG 
Views:	240 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	2590   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bowl wireframe with subsurf.PNG 
Views:	261 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	2591  
    Last edited by Tom; 08-08-2010 at 02:34 PM. Reason: sp getting really baddddd

There's no way you will get me to share my idea,this is gonna make the table router much easier to work with,in fact there is no other product on the market like it otherwise those who use table routers would have one by now.

Such a simple design,won't cost megabucks to buy...this is why I need a CNC to cut out the parts in plexiglass/perspex.

I reckon I can knock these out at £60/65 a piece,if I can aquire the mechanics on cheapish scale then I should make a profit of at least £15 to £20 per unit.

Hi Tom,

Well, since you asked . . . this is my next project - that is after finishing the bathroom, the new cnc machine mk2, and a few other things! This is on the back burner at the moment, and there is still some more design work to do, plus all the translation work to create 2D images, toolpaths, gcode etc.

Wingspan is 1.6m, and length is 1.4m. Power will be 5s Lipo (18v). Estimated all up weight 2.6kg, with estimated power to weight around 1:1 so should just about go straight up on full throttle.

The keen eyed will notice the non-scale wing aerofoil. This is one of my favourites foils and will allow me to fly either scale aerobatics, or precision aerobatics. Hoping to fly it next summer.

Any ideas what it is . . . .??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plane.JPG 
Views:	284 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	2592  
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information