Hi all,

Just found the CNCUK site, via a link from a local to Bournemouth CNC parts supplier via eBay etc. I've built a 3(+1) axis CNC mill based mostly on junk from scrap yards. Its a stepper based machine, driven via a Mesa 7i43 card etc, and is running EMC2 CNC controller software. A short write up of the machine is on the EMC2 website at http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emcinfo.pl?Pjm

I'm located in Poole, Dorset. Mostly the mill is used for light engineering jobs, making parts for microwave receivers etc. I learnt g-code, general machine practice etc from my father, who has worked on CNC's for years; The first machine I remember seeing had some punched tape reader for the program input, later it was Bridgeport MDI, Interact 1 &2, Fanuc Lathes, and Haas machine centres - I guess this is the stuff that got me hooked.

Lives in harwich, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 13 Hours Ago Has been a member for 7-8 years. Has a total post count of 370. Received thanks 14 times, giving thanks to others 3 times.
    Nice set up, what dumpster dir you find the milling head!
    I'd like to look in that dumpster!

Nice job!! Hmmm we are almost neighbours I'm just west of Wareham ...
    Tim G-C

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

(attrib. Voltaire but written by Evelyn Beatrice Hall "The Friends of Voltaire" 1906)