. .
    Hi there, I am new to cnc; I have a small cnc lathe which I have got running again with a big bit of help from this fourm. I am now getting hooked on it but it's not been easy for me; reading during work - teatimes/lunchtimes - for days! I am reading manuals for mach3 and stuff, I am a lot better at doing things if it is explained in easy terms or shown how to do things. Anyway got to the point the lathe is now cutting plastic and I am cutting using the wizards and jogging by hand. great fun
    But when am in the jog cycle tab in mm the cut's don't add up I ask for 1.0000 in z axis -this gives me 4mm of cut is this correct.
    I have a old nema 34 motor 1984 ish; the stepper setting is set two 200 steps and my x axis is a old nema 23 I think this is cutting size is fine, 1984 ish steppers as well.
    The lathe is a shesto cadet cnc training lathe from school tech dept; It ran on the old bbc
    computer now running on windows XP. I gutted this machine and restarted from scratch with no clue as to what I was doing lol what an experince this has been so far. I am looking forward to getting it to cut 20mm one way 10mm the other.

thanks

scotty

Change your steps from 200 to 800.
    John S -

Thread Information