. .
    As a newbie to CNC Routing I have to start buying routing bits and as you more experienced people will know it is hard going knowing where to find them at a reasonable price and what sort I should be looking for to begin with. I know that you won't be able to tell me difinitively what I should start with however if I wanted to just start with some generaly routing of MDF, wood, and light metal routing can anoyone suggest a good inexpensive supplier who is willing to be helful to a newbie when he rings/emails with a vague request?
    Lets face it folks we all started with no knowledge and someone had to help you when you first started getting cutting tools.
    Thanks,
    Life lesson number 1: If your not enjoying it your doing it wrong...........
    Life lesson number 2: Refer to Life lesson number 1...........

Personally as not very knowledgeable in CNC I have gone down the road of buying the odd one of ebay as I feel it is not worth while investing in the best quality as I will only ruin it.
    I am sure a supplier will accomodate you but for one off's it is not in their interest, try Arc-euro they have plenty to satisfy the need to experiment.
    When settled on some real extended use then get the better quality it will pay off.

peter

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ptjw7uk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Peter, that is just the sort on info I was hoping for. Anyone else got any info?
    Life lesson number 1: If your not enjoying it your doing it wrong...........
    Life lesson number 2: Refer to Life lesson number 1...........

I have bought a few end mills from a company called Cutwel Tools. They seem very helpful and friendly, not to mention, very cheap too

If you want a good selection, http://www.drill-service.co.uk/ could be worth a look.

Click on 'Routers' in the blue box at the top of the page

Thread Information