. .
    Help please, I was the proud owner of a low mileage DeWalt 625EK Router, I lent it to a good friend ... he however lent it to a gorilla!! I now have a Router with the thread for the Collet nut rather chewed up ... he said it would not hold the cutter straight!! While the pair of them sort out who is responsible for the aforementioned carnage I wish to know if it would be worth getting the thread recut. That is, if there is enough thread to recut and if so who the hell do I take it to. I do not have any kit to run a Die down it even if I knew what the thread was. Or am I going to have to bin the whole thing ... :sad: shame really, if it has to go, it would make a good 'milling head' for my planned Bench top Mill.
    Tim G-C

“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

(attrib. Voltaire but written by Evelyn Beatrice Hall "The Friends of Voltaire" 1906)

2. replacement armature with threaded spindle part # 869074-05 is £92.19 inc VAT from http://www.toolsparesdirect.co.uk/dr...2&mid=DW625E-4

not sure you'll be able to do much else if its that badly chewed...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to irving2008 For This Useful Post:

Thanks ... I do not have to pay for it ... they can fight it out between them ... I had not thought about replacing the whole shaft ... I am sure they will rather cough up for a new assembly over a new machine ... either way it's win- win for me. But never again will I lend kit to others ...(until the next time of course)
    Tim G-C

“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

(attrib. Voltaire but written by Evelyn Beatrice Hall "The Friends of Voltaire" 1906)

5. I learnt that a long time ago... call me selfish but I only lend stuff to people I know I can trust not to bugger it, or lend it to others, or hang onto it and claim its theirs (yes, I have experienced all three). I wont even lend stuff to my kids until I am sure they are going to look after it... (then again they know not to ask unless they do)

Pity about the spindle damage, teach you to lend things.
    I've been looking for a Dw625 but with the spindle intact as I want to buture it to get a spindle extension but even the damaged ones go for big money. Hope they get it sorted for you, its very naughty to lend someone elses tools.
    Peter

Thread Information