. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Does anyone know where I can source some end mill depth stop rings for 1/8" shaft end mills?

If I've not got the term right, here's what they look like...

http://www.5bears.com/cnc35.htm (the yellow plastic ring in those pictures)

Now that I have homing switches, I reckon they can *reallly* speed up my work flow one helluva lot.

Hank
    Try these http://www.bohan.co.uk/setrings.htm
    Dont know the price but at least they list them.

Peter

Just found these http://www.crownhill.co.uk/level3.php?cat=51
    and a price!
    At 60p each - make your own!
    or buy some used drills with them fitted.
    Last edited by ptjw7uk; 22-02-2010 at 10:21 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ptjw7uk For This Useful Post:

Thanks matey - I've rattled off an email to the first link (MOQ 500! How about a group buy?!)

Re crownhill - 60p a piece (+ postage?!) for one of those is just taking the complete p1ss.

Re buying pre-fitted used cutters - that would slim the potential sources down a lot (& therefore price goes up!) also,l I have bought heaps of cuttters already so would now like to retrofit them.

Else as you say, I'll just make some.

For those like me - who until very recently didn't know the 'win' - these rings save faffing about with things like 'auto tool' setting in Mach3 - because you can set the rings to a known preset distance from the tip of the tool, when you insert the cutting tool with one into your spindle - in conjunction with a Z plane homing switch - you always know how far your spindle has to plunge to be exactly to atop of your workpiece Iie Z0) - presently, I'm having a right old faff when chaging out cutters setting this Z0 aspect up - this'll be luxury in comparison.
    Last edited by HankMcSpank; 22-02-2010 at 11:27 AM.

Ok, do you think I could get 9 other people interested in buying 50 plastic rings per person for £5.00 delivered in total (vs approx £9 delivered for just 10 rings from Crownhill!)

If not, I'll offload the other 450 on Ebay!

Location unknown. Last Activity: 10-11-2014 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 58. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    Hi Hank

Yes I would like to take you up on that offer.

Regards

Ivan

Quote Originally Posted by Kn8 View Post
    Hi Hank

Yes I would like to take you up on that offer.

Regards

Ivan
    Cool...just another 8 people to 'buy in'!

By the way - they're all gonna be white & for an 1/8" end mill shaft.

As my way of giving a little something back to the forum - I'll do all the donkey work...ordering the 500 rings up, collecting money (paypal only!). counting em out, jiffy bagging them up, then Post office queuing! - actually my missus will do the last bit!).

Just wondering if it'd be worth posting up a 'Group Buy' proposal on the for sale forum - not sure how many people would see this propsal here?

I am very new to all this lot, but I buy my 0.15mm drills from this chap. I keep my orders unders 18 squid to save paying duty, and they are usually with me in less than a week. He does routers, drills and cutters in 1/8" shanks, complete with plastic collars. His stock changes almost daily.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/jtg1969/m.htm....c0.m14&_pgn=1

Blogs

Thanks for the link - always welcome. However, I can't see any end mills listed on his site (and my main need is to get some form of ring on all my end mills)

Ivan - it doesn't seem that there's enough interest & I don't really want 400 of these sitting on my hands, so I reckon I'll now just make a few - sorry!

Location unknown. Last Activity: 10-11-2014 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 58. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    Hi Hank Its not a problem.

Regards Ivan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information