Just an update. The software has evolved somewhat in the last 2 weeks.
Cnc Code Maker now got a User-defined cycle, which can be adjusted (through the post-processor) to work with built-in cycles in the controls. (for example G71, G72 etc in Fanuc Lathes). There's an experimental post-processor supplied.
There's also a (currently only Milling) contour cycle operation, with automatic entry/exit.
Here's a link to a few YouTube videos: Videos
This is the fix-list(s) from the last two weeks:
If you still haven't tried it out yet, give it a shoot. It's free. :)
* Entry/Exit revamped
* Added a Parameter box for the Entry/Exit
* Fixed the mouse pointer jump on Mouse-wheel zoom in.
* Fixed messages for dimension
* Added some missing icons to the menu
* Added the modified menu (not done)
* Fixed a misspelled XML entry.
* Fixed a bug where it would soft-crash if the file were missing on open.
* Major rewrite of tool-path generation/handling.
* Added "NC operations"
* Added "New operation" button, for manual Operations
* Added "Contour operation" with depth-cuts, automatic entry/exit and automatic Machine cutter compensation.
* Fixed a bug in Manual Entry
* Added stuff in the post-processor.
* Added depth output on tool-path drawing
* Added Layers
* Added confirmation on tool-path clear
* Added Eob in the Post-processor engine ([MACHINE] - EOB )
* Now the NC text box scrolls to the bottom when new tool-paths are added.
* Redesigned Layers (Hold Control and click to make active)
* Fixed missing associations when hovering center-point and mid-point
* Fixed the circular bug in NC Auto-route
* Added Offset contour (yet limited, no arc support). See the example here: http://www.cncsimple.com/forum/index.php?topic=5.msg68#msg68
* Fixed the icon and text for the function move between layers
* Fixed a bug where the Save menu, icon always asked for a filename.
* Fixed a bug where the Free block didn't immediately appear in code window
* Remade Auto-route tool-path to use the new chain select function. It's not 100% working as intended yet (the chain select).
* Fixed some various stuff in the post-processor engine.
* Changed some incorrect text in the Contour operation, and offset contour.
* Fix a bug where the hovered lines/arc didn't highlight when chain-selecting.
* Added Custom cycle operation.
* Added a bunch new variables in the postprocessor
* Added [USERCYCLE] + more in the postprocessor
* Added User defined messages for the Custom Cycle operation in the postprocessor
* Remade the Condition check in the post-processor (Was "? VALUE>1, n, Do Stuff", is "IF VALUE > 1 THEN n, Do stuff")
* Added the user cycle to the file format (Load/save)
* Added an experimental Fanuc 0T Lathe post (New post-stuff in it, check it out if interested)
* Added experimental incremental coordinates (iX, iY, iZ)
* Added a bunch of missing variables comparing in the post-processor engine
* Added a bunch of missing variables updates in the post-processor engine
* Fixed a selection bug
* Added a tolerance in the chain-select function
* Fixed some DXF Layer errors (still need to overhaul the DXF layers)
* Fixed Trim 2 Lines to work as intended (line -arc, arc-arc still bugged)
* Fixed the issue that made Auto-route to spit out doubles.
* Fixed the issue that made Contour Operation to spit out doubles.
* Fixed the issue that made Custom cycle to spit out doubles.
* Fixed some missing stuff and typos in the Iso mill posts processors.
* Added file associations in the setup program.
* Remove the automatic new operation when you make a Custom cycle (allows you to do entry/exits w/o issues)
* Fixed a bug that the I, J, K & R values weren't assigned their correct value in the custom cycle (in post-processor engine)
* Fixed a forgotten coordinate in the end block of the custom cycle. It shouldn't really matter, but it looked bad graphics-wise. Save files could still display it the wrong way.
The first release is getting closer.