. .

Thread: RobinCAM v1.0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Oops! Forgot pockets inside pockets

This means completely re-writing the island waterline detector :whistling:
    Brane starting to faid, need beer

Its coming on Robin, what parameters are going to be setable, depth of cut, tool size etc ?
    John

Quote Originally Posted by John Ferguson View Post
    Its coming on Robin, what parameters are going to be setable, depth of cut, tool size etc ?
    John
    Everything I can't glean from the .dxf file, but I do my best. Have a movie...

Edit: If it won't play, here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hnaftasy7yo

Last edited by Robin Hewitt; 25-03-2010 at 12:00 PM.

Something of a hiatus, now going again

This morning it started puking out G-code, read some in to my cutting software and it looks good

After much agonising about how to define tools inside a drawing file I eventually opted for added text.

T01 is the only tool that removes excess from the block. No T01=no excess removal. So you can go back in and tweak without massive editing of G code.

Still Um'ing and Ah'ing about whether to allow finishing excess in the Z axis when you reach the bottom of the block. I think probably not, total waste of time.

The RCA text line in the pic forces a 2 degree draft angle on anything with the same layer. Will probably add other modifiers to that.

More soon, probably. I can still come horribly unstuck, but looks hopeful. The proof of the pudding will be in the eating :heehee:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rcad.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	2136  

5. Robin,

Rather than regen the cut, could you just store the vertexes and re-display them? (There must be some PD 3D C++ libraries available on the web somewhere that would do this kind of thing for you)

Bill

Hi Bill

What's a vertex? :heehee:

There is no cleverness in this program, it simply reads in a dxf, slices through at various levels then projects the slices in to cuts. That was about all my brane could handle.

Robin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information