. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I did some more testing today and low and behold..... I hadn't wired up 2 critical wires inside the Hypertherm Plasma unit. That's an " ID 10 T " error (put the letters together and read them from a distance and you will see what I mean.)

I still, for some reason, can't get the THC to start up in Mach3 but the rest of it is working now. I cut out about 6 items today at a very slow feed rate so I could control the tip and stop it from burying itself and everything was as it should be and the voltage sensing was working and I could control the height by varying the tip volts etc but the LED on the Mach3 screen still won't light up. Frustrating stuff this.
    soon, very soon it will be up and running and then I can start cutting s**t up and hopefully sell some and get some money back.
    Did I mention this is fun.........
    After 1.5 years with about 3 months of problem solving it all gets a bit weary after a while. Sometimes I think it would have been easier to hook up a capacitive sensor to the thing for 1/3 the price but I am told this is the way to do it so you can cut almost anything with ease. I hope they're right.
    When I get it up and running I think I will take a few pictures and draw up a connection diagram for anyone that will be using the (now obsolete) MP1000C digital torch height controller from CandCNC. Tom Caudle is a bit of a legend at designing these things and he is second to none for his reply times on the forums and at the "zone". It will be good to give back some feedback for others as without this the forums would be useless and I would still be rolling around in the grease and muck for the rest of my life. Now I will have something to fall back on. :-)
    I will get the pictures up as soon as is practicable.
    Rich.

Ah, damn. I forgot.

Thanks for the kudos people.

Let me know if you want any information on anything.
    And Lee! Ben from Protomate on eBay will probably be contacting you soon on a laser.

Be well people.

He has, Peace !
    .Me

Ah, damn. I forgot.

Thanks for the kudos people.

Let me know if you want any information on anything.
    And Lee! Ben from Protomate on eBay will probably be contacting you soon on a laser.

Be well people.

What coolers? Sorry, I have no idea of what you are talking about.

I fixed the THC and guess what.......
    Stupid me didn't put my license into the mach3 folder. Derrr!

It now works!

All I have to do now is get the cutting speed/feed right and the amps/ air pressure and everything will be sweet.

I'll post a vid soon when I get the time as the Silver City show is on soon and I have to get off my bum and start making stuff for it to show or sell or just get some interested people to look at it.

Be well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information