Hi Guys.
Thanks to CheekieMonkies for the invite over here, looking forward to learning/sharing what I can.

I`ve been machining since starting my Toolmaking apprecticeship in 1978. hahaa.. back in the day when 3d milling was a 3 axis manual and a tilting rotary table. Finally joined the CNC world in `95, Mainly Turning, but also been involved with Milling, Wire Erosion and Jig Grinding. Thoroughly enjoy it despite all the crap that`s thrown in the mix.
Currently running a Hyundai Kia SKT 250MS, Twin spindle and Live Tooling (no Y axis tho ) The machine has a Fanuc 18i control which I manually code. Also ran a Hyundia Hit 28 and a Somab NUM 1060.
Been fortunate to try loads of different Cad and Cam programs over the years, using Solidworks atm which I think is awesome. We also have Edgecam which I just use to generate toolpath code and add that to my hand written progs.

I am building my first small NC router type machine, I`ve had quite a few ups and downs getting what I want but it`s been a real fun project so far. I`ll post more info about my efforts sometime soon.

Hope to make some buddies here and look forward to watching the gang grow
All the best
c ya around.