. .
    Location unknown. Last Activity: 19-06-2011 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 89.
    hi
    in mach 3 if i jog the x axis in the + direction then stop , then jog again in the in the + direction , some times the axis goes the opposite way but the dro is still incrementing in the + direction , anyone any ideas

also does the same when cutting , disconnected the motor from the screw so as there is no load and it still does it

John

I had this problem with EMC2 and after checking things for the 50,000 time it turned out to be a bad contact on a motor wire. Suggest you loosen the screws on that motor, take them out, re twist or solder the ends and put hem back. Worth a try
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Location unknown. Last Activity: 19-06-2011 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 89.
    thanks 2e0poz
    will check wiring , as you say for the 50,000 time tomorrow, it must be a wiring prob but do you think i can find it
    thats the great thing about this cnc mallarky .. keeps the mind active

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    also check your direction feed.

hi
    found it at last one of the motor wires , going into the terminal block on the driver was under the spade screw instead of between it although to the touch the wire felt solid it wasnt a good electrical connection , wire in right place everything ok now ... for some thing so simple its been a right pain in the arse

Glad to see you grb the gremlin by the P****** John and now under control
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Thread Information