. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Hi Scjb. Unfortunately as is the way with new toys - life finds other things to throw in and eat up the time - things that SWMBO might describe as "more important than your bloody machines" :-)! I did sneak in to the workshop two weekends ago and turned out an Aztec/Mayan calendar. It's quite an intricate carving which despite the speed of the machine still took about 4 hours. I've also sneaked in a couple more house signs in the oak SWMBO bought me. It's Nice stuff to work with - but for oak is lacking a bit of density which can lead to chipping on raised detail. Still not put any metals in yet but hopefully I'll have more time over the next few months.

I'm pretty sure I did turn off all the power saving features of the laptop - there were certainly no problems on the 4 hour run. My intention is to swap in a 'proper' PC eventually - just need to install windows on one of the old boxes that are lying about but again - it's a time thing. For me this is a hobby so other things tend to scupper my plans to spend endless hours in the workshop with only the machine and a bottle or two of brown ale for company...

Hello

I have a problem with crashing to the stops of x axis when reference moving.

I`ve been working with the machine for awhile and everything worked perfectly. Now suddenly it doesnt know when to stop x axis when doing the reference move. Thing that helped few times was jogging the x axis to the reference switch and looking „special functions/signal test“ and the status showed that it was activated. So i jogged the machine away from the switches and clicked reference move again and this time it worked.

Now today i tried that last thing, but it doesnt seem to work anymore. Signals test shows its not active.

Does anyone have any ideas? Could the problem be with the switch being defective?

Hello

I have a problem with crashing to the stops of x axis when reference moving.

I`ve been working with the machine for awhile and everything worked perfectly. Now suddenly it doesnt know when to stop x axis when doing the reference move. Thing that helped few times was jogging the x axis to the reference switch and looking „special functions/signal test“ and the status showed that it was activated. So i jogged the machine away from the switches and clicked reference move again and this time it worked.

Now today i tried that last thing, but it doesnt seem to work anymore. Signals test shows its not active.

Does anyone have any ideas? Could the problem be with the switch being defective?

4. It could be a defective switch although if it is showing as active in the signals test, then it would be an intermittent fault - which would be unusual in a solid state hall effect unit. If you have a magnet handy, move the gantry away from the switch, set the machine for signals test and move a magnet close to the switch.

Other things to check :

1) All cabling. Check that the signal plugs into the controller are good.
    2) Reference Speeds. Assuming the switch is good, what are they set at? Does reducing the homing speed make a difference?
    3) The magnet has become degaused. Unusual but it can happen if they are knocked or for some reason heated up.

Quote Originally Posted by pcstru View Post
    It could be a defective switch although if it is showing as active in the signals test, then it would be an intermittent fault - which would be unusual in a solid state hall effect unit. If you have a magnet handy, move the gantry away from the switch, set the machine for signals test and move a magnet close to the switch.

Other things to check :

1) All cabling. Check that the signal plugs into the controller are good.
    2) Reference Speeds. Assuming the switch is good, what are they set at? Does reducing the homing speed make a difference?
    3) The magnet has become degaused. Unusual but it can happen if they are knocked or for some reason heated up.
    Thank you for the quick answer.

It seems the problem was with the switch. I had one spare switch and moved it close to the corresponding switch (with wiring) and the signal lighted. So i replaced it (by placing the new one above the old tape, so it was ca .5mm higher) and the reference move worked perfectly.

On the other hand, i tried the old switch by moving it close to the corresponding switch by hand and it lighted the signal too. Could the problem be that the switch was too far away from the corresponding switch and it occasionally didnt work?

Lives in London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 13-09-2012 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2.
    We are a small West London based company and have recently purchased a Heiz S720.
    We plan to use it for very basic projects including engraving.
    We are struggling to get it up and running (patience run out) and would very much like somebody with experience of this machine to come and give us some help.
    We would happily pay for your time and expenses.
    If you can help please email me at solastudio AT me DOT com
    Thanks

Sorry Sola, I'm afraid I can't help as we did not invest in a Heiz machine but bought a Warco WM18 mill instead to cover our immediate requirements.

Hello Sola
    I didnt actually install the machine, but i can ask a few questions from my colleague, who installed it.
    So let me know, if i can help in that way.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information