. .
    Pictures paint a thousand words so to save a lot of reading.

I want to produce these little port blocks for a Mamod Loco on my CNC Taig.

Port block is 24.5mm wide and 32mm long. Machined from Brass. I have Vectric Cut3D and V Carve Pro.

I've exported the drawing as a dxf and can draw offsets for the various machining paths, but what software would generate those for me?

2. If you contact me and send me the dxf i can get you the g code. Just also send info on you machine so i can set up BobCad/CAM to plot the g-code for it. Heck give me a good drafting set of drawing and I could set it up for you to cut on your machine easy. It all depends as far as g-code generators. I believe that V Carve will do it but have NO experience with V Carve.

Michael

VCarve pro will do that with no problem, post the dxf file, the tooling you have / propose to use and I'll talk you thru it.
    John S -

I've drawn the toolpaths in V Carve, I was thinking there would probably be a better system or software for machining the part though. I wanted to machine a number of these from a length of bar, drill the various holes, saw them to length and then flip them over into a fixture, machine the rear of the port block and machine the steam paths on the block.

In V Carve I've defined the areas to be surfaced, added pockets, I was planning to machine the part using a 6mm diameter endmill, just using 2.5D machining.

Sounds OK, it is a 2.5D part anyway.
    John S -

Thread Information