. .
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Sorry not replied for a while but I am up to my nuts in other jobs that needs to be done before I get time to play, one of them being fitting a new bathroom... seemed like a good idea at the time..!

Anyway, I should get a few hours at it again later this week so fingers crossed and keep the idea's coming because there are a few good one's in there.

Can anyone put tiles up??? only a couple of hundred.... will keep you fed with tea and hobnobs... Give me some time to do something that I enjoy doing instead.

2. Off topic - Ah, I take it you've not done one of those before :) there's always a first time... never (in my book at least) a second one... this time i got a couple of nice Polish guys, nicknamed Radish and Leek (thats my nearest pronounciation of their names) who did a blinding job in a week that would have taken me months (plumbing, tiling, electrical - I can do it, just not as quickly) and that included keeping building control happy...

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    and that included keeping building control happy...
    Never managed that............................
    John S -

Heheh i'm in the middle of doing my bath room Steve, need another 3 box's and im done!
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by HiltonSteve View Post
    seemed like a good idea at the time..
    A good idea to you or to her? There is a way out.

I am a disaster at home improvements, paint flies everywhere, she'd never ask me to do tiling.

She used to make me do car repairs in the cold and rain, eventually I put the car together without the head gasket, gritted my teeth and turned the key. Cost me £600 for new valves but she never asked me to do car repairs again. Money well spent.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    ...I put the car together without the head gasket, gritted my teeth and turned the key. Cost me £600 for new valves but she never asked me to do car repairs again. Money well spent.
    Sorry, I couldnt ever do that to a car... thats sacrilege! Although working on cars in the rain is something I do try to avoid, I do recall changing the gearbox on my 1965 Triumph TR4 in 6" of snow... mad or what?

Sorry, I couldnt ever do that to a car... thats sacrilege!
    But I don't drive bird magnets like you do, this was utilitarian.

I hate driving, bores me to tears

Wots a bird magnet ?

How many can you get in a 3 tonne truck ?

Unless you can get a full size set of gas bottles into a vehicle without struggling, it's a waste of road tax.
    John S -

I was sent this link to look at as a method of using telescopic drawer slides for linear guides ... I must admit I had not thought of using them like this ... http://imagebin.ca/img/tt45r26C.jpg It may be worth considering, but I will leave it up to those with superior knowledge to pass judgement ...
    Tim G-C

“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

(attrib. Voltaire but written by Evelyn Beatrice Hall "The Friends of Voltaire" 1906)

Is that one of the Marchant Dice ones?
    Cheeky b*stard. No it is not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread Information