Russel, thanks for the suggestion. I have admittedly never tried Press-n-Peel, but as far as I can see it goes most of the way back to chemical etching. It still needs ferric chloride (which has ruined more pairs of jeans than I care to remember) and still needs the intermediate stage of plotting/printing artwork. The only process it seems to avoid is UV exposure, which is actually the least messy part of what I do now, and not a problem anyway.

And I'm not sure that double-sided image location would not be tricky with Press-n-Peel. Double-sided is admittedly tricky with any system, but at least with both UV and milling it's possible to get precision - with care!

Milling appeals to me on two counts (well, three if you include having a new toy to play with) - (1) Not having to worry about slippage in a laser printer, or less-than-black inkjet printing, and of course (2) No messy bubble tanks. Not to mention the accumulated guilt of years pouring spent ferric chloride down the drain ("What me, gov? Nah, it's ketchup.").

Ian