. .
    Hi,

I know I'm asking lots of questions at the minute but I've been severely bitten by the bug and I'm keen to get started on my build. I am pretty happy with my design (although it still only sits in my head) And I have made my decisions on linear motion and will be purchasing some stuff at the end of the month.

The next step is the drivers. Money as always is the key for me here. I simply want to get the motors moving. The only option "on the shelf" for me is a cheap all-in-one far east special like this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-3-Axis-TB6...#ht_5163wt_900 . Unless of course there are plans available for a DIY breadboard style driver. I am happy to sit for a few hours soldering if it will save money and make this thing happen. If not breadboard then I would have to get the PCB boards machine (adding cost ) by somebody that has the machine, the parts and the know-how.

Any general thoughts on the subject? I am not looking for a specific size so far as my motors aren't decided yet! decisions decisions....... All I know is that they will be between 1.5nM and 2nM.

TIA
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by pjl83 View Post
    Hi,

I am pretty happy with my design (although it still only sits in my head)
    Paul

Bloody hell if it's an 8' x 4' router you must have a big head ???????
    John S -

Not quite 8' x 4' lol maybe slightly bigger than A4, and even then it wouldn't fit in my head - It's full of useless cr4p. ;)

4. Buying a ready made set of PCBs, such as those from PMIMO.com and populating the board will be no cheaper than buying the bottom end MDS drivers from Zapp with about the same capability. Been there, done that.

The TB6560 boards are OK as long as you recognise and live with their limitations on voltage, etc.

DIYCNC do kits, but the savings for the kit versions aren't high enough to warran it IMHO

Thread Information