Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1
    I noticed that the little wire wheel that knocks the swarf off the big bandsaw blade wasn't going round, tried to give it a flick and got sucked in to the machinery.

    Saw the plastic surgeon today, he spent 20 minutes removing the swarf, popped what was left of the nail off and then stitched it back together right as dodgers. Looks a lot better now the gore has gone.

    I may yet lose the tip but the worry is I nicked the end off the bone which may become infected. The most amazing thing though is, so far, the only painful bit has been the Lignocaine injections :heehee:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xray.jpg 
Views:	1774 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	2321

  2. Too much information

    Hope it heals OK...

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    I may yet lose the tip but the worry is I nicked the end off the bone which may become infected. The most amazing thing though is, so far, the only painful bit has been the Lignocaine injections :heehee:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xray.jpg 
Views:	1774 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	2321
    Just wait a while and it will hurt like hell.

  4. #4
    i2i's Avatar
    Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 23-12-2016 Has been a member for 7-8 years. Has a total post count of 693. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    If there ever was a time for pics, this is it.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    If there ever was a time for pics, this is it.
    I did duck out for a fag at Eastbourne General and found a camera in my car. A bit out of focus being taken left handed without my specs, but it is available.

    OTOH Irving sounds a bit squeamish :naughty:

    regards

    Lefty

  6. #6
    i2i's Avatar
    Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 23-12-2016 Has been a member for 7-8 years. Has a total post count of 693. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    you can't beat a bit of gore.

    many years ago i helped a "friend" cut a few branches off a very large tree with a massive chainsaw. Despite his renowned stupidy everything went without a hiccup, until we had to cut up the fallen branches, needless to say it was me that ended up with the damage. Somehow he thought it would be better to cut under a branch rather than the top which was away from my hand, and yes you guessed it, he caught the edge of my index finger while i was steadying the branch. If it wasn't for my quick reactions he may well have cut my hand off. As it goes he made a fair mess of my finger, which to be honest doesn't look that bad now.

    If there's a moral to this, it's, don't work with morons.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    I noticed that the little wire wheel that knocks the swarf off the big bandsaw blade wasn't going round, tried to give it a flick and got sucked in to the machinery.

    Saw the plastic surgeon today, he spent 20 minutes removing the swarf, popped what was left of the nail off and then stitched it back together right as dodgers. Looks a lot better now the gore has gone.

    I may yet lose the tip but the worry is I nicked the end off the bone which may become infected. The most amazing thing though is, so far, the only painful bit has been the Lignocaine injections :heehee:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xray.jpg 
Views:	1774 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	2321
    Clumsy Bastard........................

    .
    John S -

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    OTOH Irving sounds a bit squeamish :naughty:
    Only with other people's gore... Im ok with my own...

    See attached... after I'd been knocked off bike and broke collar bone in 4 places (and 2 ribs and taken all the skin off fingertips - but it grew back OK). Didnt hurt too much but the grating sounds when I moved were a bit OTT... :surprised:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ouch.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	14.6 KB 
ID:	2325Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xray3.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	2326

  9. #9
    I see from the xray that you swallowed your wedding ring to stop the paramedics pinching it lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	finger.jpg 
Views:	747 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	2327  
    Last edited by Robin Hewitt; 20-06-2010 at 11:37 PM.

  10. lol, yes took us a long time to work that out... its the zipper on my cycling top... despite being plastic it sems to be opaque to xrays

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •