. .
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    No output to the A axis either put it in slave mode over Xaxis and still no running f both axis.

Checked for continuity on tracks to IC U4 74HC541 line driver chip might be faulty?

2. hmmm... does Z work?

It would be very unusual for a chip to fail, these line drivers can take a lot of abuse. You could unplug the BoB from the PC and exercise each pin 2 - 9 to ground and to +5v with a bit of wire and check the voltage at pins 2 - 9 of the HC541 and the matching outputs 18 - 11 and see that they are as expected.

Its def an HC541?... you've not got the 541 and 244 swapped over (which would give exactly those symptoms i.e. 2 work, 2 dont)

Irving...

Yep Z and Y axis ae fine.

Quickets way to find out is replacing the chip,Irving as they'e only pennys to buy.

Will let you know in a dy or two how I get on with it and inform you as to whether it was the chip.

For now I've neglected other work messing around with this and I'll tackle that work till I nip down the towny for a replacement chip.

Many thanks for your help and those who chipped in,appreciated

Got another problem,since I know the Z and Y axis work I've been having a dabble to try and get to know MAch3 functions and how it works.

However in the Motor tuning setup I cannot get anything out of the motors,they jut won't turn....they work fine if I load a G-code.
    Going through the PDF of how to set up Mach3 and this is the first thing it explains to do but it ain't happening for me :cry:any ideas?

Thank yer vey kindly

Dang! hold the front page chaps...I reread the PDF and must have overlooked the part where it says "Now press the up&down key on the keyboard"

6. Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeD View Post
    Dang! hold the front page chaps...I reread the PDF and must have overlooked the part where it says "Now press the up&down key on the keyboard"
    Ummm, think i said that in post #30...

Ummm, think i said that in post #30...
    So you did Iving,:heehee: I gotta blame it on her indoors,she keeps me awake half the night :naughty:

Success,seems it wa the chip after all.

I got a couple at 30p each and also the other type as well.
    Good job I put them in DIL sockets rather than directly slodered. :-)

9. good to know you're "on the move"... glad to help

Magic,Iving.

Is it normal for the motors to make a noise(not operating)when not in use ie no pogram running for their use?

Thanks.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information