Hi
I'm completely new to the CNC world and would like some advice from the experts.
(As you will probably tell from my post below, my knowledge is nearly zero!!)
Firstly my only experience of routing is using my handheld router using Trend Letter templates and also the Milescraft Spirorouter, these to make basic wooden signs and decorative fronts for bird nest boxes.
I've watched a few CNC videos on youtube regarding the use of CNC routers in the manufacture of signs and want to explore the possibility of buying a small machine to suit my hobbying needs. The facility to rout using different letter fonts appeals to me, and also basic carved designs such as flowers etc to add to the work.
I only intend to rout wood, the cutting area doesn't need to be massive 500x500mm would be more than adequate.
I've looked at some UK websites and realise that there is no such thing as a really cheap CNC router. However as I'm only a complete novice and only need a machine to serve my immediate requirements I'd like to keep the price realistic to my needs.
Please could you point me in the right direction, and give me some advice as to what I should be looking for as far as spec is concerned, and also what price range I should be aiming for.

Many thanks in advance.