. .
Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
  1. Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    Hey Irving, thanks for the pinouts, thats made life a little simpler, i notice that there is only 1 pin for spindle output pulse, on my board from cncdoctor there are two,one terminal labled "Pulse" and one "RTN"...

Also Ive been looking for a sensor for this display i found on fleabay with no luck, do you have any suggestions?
    look on fleabay for "slotted opto", returns half a dozen options... just the device.. will need mounting on a small circuit board with a couple of resistors, and you'll have to rig up some sort of vane on the spindle to interrupt once per rev...

Alternatively, and more easily, if you are set on the ebay display, use a 74HC390 divider chip to give a 'divide by 50' with only 1 chip and 10 solder joints!

If you have any old disc drives? these had a slot opto in them.

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    look on fleabay for "slotted opto", returns half a dozen options... just the device.. will need mounting on a small circuit board with a couple of resistors, and you'll have to rig up some sort of vane on the spindle to interrupt once per rev...

Alternatively, and more easily, if you are set on the ebay display, use a 74HC390 divider chip to give a 'divide by 50' with only 1 chip and 10 solder joints!
    Ok that sounds good but this is uncharted ground for me, the 74hc390 seems like the way to go and i will get a new slotted sensor just to be on the safe side as i dont know if the existing one is ok, you make the circuit sound so simple ill just trust your judgement over mine:confused:

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeD View Post
    If you have any old disc drives? these had a slot opto in them.
    Im going to have a look and see what ive got, im sure ive got a couple of big old mice hanging around as well, and i think they have something similar in them..

Rick

Hah,yes forgot about the mice

The ones I'm on about are the type in your Noahs base computer ie 51/4 floppys.

Ain't you got a maplins by you?

Progress Report

The initial inspection has been completed,
    and Redundant system hardware identified and removed along with ancilliary wiring.
    New control systems identified, evaluated and purchased.
    New system requirements.

Electrical Systems
    Computer system hardware.......................Completed
    Stepper control systems...........................Completed.
    Front control panel fabrication....................In progress.
    Spindle Speed control...............................In progress.
    Spindle Tacho..........................................In progress.
    Relay controls.........................................N ot started.
    Limit Switches.........................................N ot started.
    Software configuration..............................Not started.

Mechanical Systems.
    Ballscrew inspection..................................Comple ted.
    Bearing Inspection....................................Comp leted.
    Motor Refurb............................................ Completed.
    Lubrication systems...................................Not started.

Other Stuff

Not yet considered ?????????

Well i dont think ive forgotten anything buts thats a little progress report.

I must say A big thankyou to everyone who has helped me with this project so far with particular thanks going to Irving, George and i2i.

Onward!!
    Last edited by Ricardoco; 15-08-2010 at 10:49 AM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    Ok that sounds good but this is uncharted ground for me, the 74hc390 seems like the way to go and i will get a new slotted sensor just to be on the safe side as i dont know if the existing one is ok, you make the circuit sound so simple ill just trust your judgement over mine:confused:

Rick
    Rick,

Circuit attached...

I'm guessing the opto will need to be powered so I have shown likely values (330R/4k7) for the resistors needed to energise the LED and bias the receiver. If you knew what type it was I could give you better values but these should do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	divide by 50.gif 
Views:	219 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	2577  
    Last edited by irving2008; 07-08-2010 at 12:01 PM.

Rick,

Circuit attached...

I'm guessing the opto will need to be powered so I have shown likely values (330R/4k7) for the resistors needed to energise the LED and bias the receiver. If you knew what type it was I could give you better values but these should do.

Thanks Irving, I went for the H22A1 type sensor if thats any help. I couldnt see Attachment there anywhere ...derrr lol

9. OK, you might find that device a tad slow. You could try 75R instead of 330R and 1k5 instead of 4k7. Otherwise you may find counting is erratic. Alternatively the circuit attached should help...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	divide by 50 mk2.gif 
Views:	213 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	2578  

OK, you might find that device a tad slow. You could try 75R instead of 330R and 1k5 instead of 4k7. Otherwise you may find counting is erratic. Alternatively the circuit attached should help...
    Im happy to get what ever device you suggest if you think that one is going to be a tad slow, im just not sure which one to go for, just let me know and ill get it..

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information