. .
Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Ok the first draft of the control panel is ready, its not to scale, its more of a concept rather than a tue representation, and i expect i will have more controls to add and possibly some taken away.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Panel draft 1.JPG 
Views:	347 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	2579

Hey i know why dont you use this as a template and show me your ideas, I may even nick 1 of them lol
    Rick
    Last edited by Ricardoco; 07-08-2010 at 09:18 PM. Reason: b'cos im stupid!!!

I've got this sneaky feeling Rick,that you like twiddling with knobs?

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeD View Post
    I've got this sneaky feeling Rick,that you like twiddling with knobs?
    Well maybe, but when windows is asleep I want to be able to use the machine you see.....:) (I prefer to say switches lol)

That is a nice panel design and If where to use it I'd take it to a CNC shop and get it etched out in an 2mm aluminium panel..

Bearing in mind I'd have to do the andodising process to get it black first.

That is a nice panel design and If where to use it I'd take it to a CNC shop and get it etched out in an 2mm aluminium panel...
    Thank you, I may even do that, although Ill have to find a cnc shop first.

Bearing in mind I'd have to do the andodising process to get it black first.
    I saw the link and i may even have a go at that.... as it will come in usefull for the m'cycle parts...

6. Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    Ok the first draft of the control panel is ready, its not to scale, its more of a concept rather than a tue representation, and i expect i will have more controls to add and possibly some taken away.

Name:	Panel draft 1.JPG 
Views:	347 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	2579

Hey i know why dont you use this as a template and show me your ideas, I may even nick 1 of them lol
    Rick
    Nice panel layout, but I think there are some things to consider...

Q1 Are these illuminated switches? If not, consider using illuminated ones inatead of LED repeaters, saves real estate and assembly effort and looks neater
    Q2 How are these going to drive the mill when Mach3 is switched off?
    Q3 As it stands I reckon you need 11 inputs to mach 3, you have 10 on 2 parallel ports...
    Q4 Whats 'Feed' for?
    Q5 If the small round circles are LEDs how will they be driven for the mains circuits e.g. computer and monitor power (and do you really need those anyway?)

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    Q1 Are these illuminated switches? If not, consider using illuminated ones inatead of LED repeaters, saves real estate and assembly effort and looks neater
    Mainly because ive got the LED's and the nice chrome holders on the shelf, and ive also got the switches, (shown in previos post) and to be honest ive seen and used many broken illuminated switches but never the solid top ones.

Q2 How are these going to drive the mill when Mach3 is switched off?
    At first most of the switches will just address MACH, but when thats up and running, I will use this (already purchased.)

Name:	16fBoard.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	2580
    Q3 As it stands I reckon you need 11 inputs to mach 3, you have 10 on 2 parallel ports...
    Not all the buttons will be connected to MACH, IE none of the spindle motor speed controls and most of the others are power switches anyhow.

Q4 Whats 'Feed' for?...
    If i am to have successful manual control i will need to have a feed rate control

Q5 If the small round circles are LEDs how will they be driven for the mains circuits e.g. computer and monitor power (and do you really need those anyway?)
    I have these on the shelf too :)

Name:	relay.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	2581

I am as always open to suggestions from people who have experience using a mill both manualy and by CNC so if you see anything you think i have missed or messed up then pipe up because I will just as likely forget..

Having looked at the panel the only wsitches that will address MACH are 2*X, 2*Y, 2*Z, 2*A & E-Stop. that makes 9 I think lol

Thanks

Rick
    Last edited by Ricardoco; 07-08-2010 at 10:41 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    Mainly because ive got the LED's and the nice chrome holders on the shelf, and ive also got the switches, (shown in previos post) and to be honest ive seen and used many broken illuminated switches but never the solid top ones.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    At first most of the switches will just address MACH, but when thats up and running, I will use this (already purchased.)
    What board is that (& chip) ?

Not all the buttons will be connected to MACH, IE none of the spindle motor speed controls and most of the others are power switches anyhow.

If i am to have successful manual control i will need to have a feed rate control
    Ummm, OK, but hows that going to work - which axis does it apply to?

Having looked at the panel the only wsitches that will address MACH are 2*X, 2*Y, 2*Z, 2*A & E-Stop. that makes 9 I think lol
    Home and/or limit switches...?

What board is that (& chip) ?

fleabay item number 250576566482

Ummm, OK, but hows that going to work - which axis does it apply to?
    Home and/or limit switches

This is why I think this forum is tops...there is always too many trees...you cant see all the wood, its so helpfull to have someone who can look and see the obvios.

Ok to incorperate the extra inputs you have highlighted i will have to rework the axis control, maybe an axis selector button and a plus minus button..

Thanks Irving.

Oh yes I know, I thought I was going nuts then irving...

Here is the secret weapon..the contour shuttle. driver exists for mach :)

Name:  shuttle.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  2.6 KB

On the shelf ready to be took to pieces :naughty::twisted:

Rick
    Last edited by Ricardoco; 08-08-2010 at 12:03 AM.

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread Information